• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Double-type Gyms?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Ok so I was thinking this: What if they paired two types together and made a gym with each leader specializing in one type & complementing one another? *EDIT* These will be double battles with the gym leaders using two types.

This might be a fresh change in formula for the franchise. Mixing up types in gyms could be a real game-changer as far a strategy goes. This also allows for further usage of the type-combining attacks like the three elemental Pledges and with Kyurem's Freeze Shock and Ice Burn (by which I mean the attack is one type but its effects are that of another type).

For example, what I would do in each region is something like this:

Kanto: Rock and Water. Even though I know Grass can just kill this typing, I'm sure between the two of them they can come up with counter-measures. Plus Brock and Misty followed Ash around for years, so they'll get along great together.

Johto: Fighting and Steel. Pairing a highly offensive type with a highly defensive type could prove troublesome for the player. Plus I just find the idea of a brazen beast of a man fighting alongside a reserved and caring girl hilarious.

Hoenn: Fire and Water. Typical, I know, but it would still be cool to see. I'd imagine something like a master-apprentice dynamic would develop between Juan and Flannery.

Sinnoh: Rock and Steel. Again, typical, but they go along pretty well together. And that personal dynamic's already there, father and son.

Unova: Flying and Electric. I think they can cover each others' weaknesses pretty well and can be brutal to fight together. Also I kinda want to see something happen between Skyla and Elessa... ;)

So what about you guys? Is this an awesome idea, or is this taking it too far and adding on too much to a well-rounded series?

Last edited:

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Do you mean like double battles with gym leaders using two types? That'd be awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom