• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Don't Scroll Without Typing "Amen"

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Look at this post I saw on my Facebook.
cTdEDQk.jpg

Let's deconstruct this a little bit.
1. Facebook has decided to help by giving money? Literally no evidence.
2. Why wouldn't they donate money in more reasonable ways? A like is 2 dollars? What?
3. What the **** would typing "Amen" do?

I don't understand what kinds of idiots fall for this nonsense, but it ended up being shared on my profile anyway.

What do you think about these things? I'm sure 95% of the kids in it are fake, but do you think there's any merit even if they were real, with real, recent stories? Do you ever type "Amen" out of even a superstitious reason?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
would it not be easier to set one of those online donation website thingys (I dont know what they're called). I deleted my facebook page a couple of years ago because most posts were either food or babies and it was bumming me out but these posts were definately the worst for me so no I didnt ever reply to posts like this.

Wow, he's making a very obvious cry for attention. It's like he's on facebook or something.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Amen. One like = one cry

This sort of baitposting is mind boggling because it doesn't mean anything at all at the c end of the day. Youd sooner ask for donations than for some preteen to smash dat mf lyk :crylaugh:

Before I remade my facebook, and lost ~90% of my friend list, I saw a lot of those weird "type 'amen' if you agree" etc posts all the time. It's either a guilt trip thing or an ego thing. People think they are superior by doing "holy" things—like typing the word "amen" on a ****ing facebook post lmao. And it only counts if other people see it!

Isn't there a thing about doing good things without being noticed? The God they want to appease would know you sympathize without you having the publicize it. They're sheerly doing it for attention in that case. I don't really see the point. It's actually kind of creepy.

Jamie

Before I remade my facebook, and lost ~90% of my friend list, I saw a lot of those weird "type 'amen' if you agree" etc posts all the time. It's either a guilt trip thing or an ego thing. People think they are superior by doing "holy" things—like typing the word "amen" on a ****ing facebook post lmao. And it only counts if other people see it!

Isn't there a thing about doing good things without being noticed? The God they want to appease would know you sympathize without you having the publicize it. They're sheerly doing it for attention in that case. I don't really see the point. It's actually kind of creepy.
It's almost sociopathic to lie about Facebook giving money to a sick kid to get shares and **** on Facebook. It's really kind of ****ed up when you think about it.

Jamie

But if you're not gullible and a soft touch you are a terrible person who wants a baby to die of cancer!!11
Comment if you like Jesus
Ignore if you like Satan

What do you do?

Night Owl

~Momentai
I've had a couple that I'm inclined to believe were actually about a real person. Where the family made a page because their kid is fighting cancer. Usually they had an actual donation site set up. They also tended to post updates of the kid's condition. Those are rare though.

Most are just like/share bait designed to make people feel better about themselves like they are somehow a better person for like/sharing those things. I really don't see the use.

Facebook baitposts are so far down the list of indicators of the kind of person they are, that it isn't even on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom