• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does the Original Master Sword Exist in Wind Waker?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djinn

and Tonic
The King of Red Lions says something similar when you gain the Master Sword.

The fact that the Master Sword lost the
power to repel evil suggests to me that
something has happened to the sages who
infused the blade with the gods' power.

The sages should be here in Hyrule...in the
Wind Temple to the north and the Earth
Temple to the south, praying to the gods.

You must head for these two temples to see
what has happened to the sages and
attempt to find a way to recover the
power to repel evil.

A difference is made between the two sages and the other seven because the king already knows about the two, their temples, and their purpose. This is not to say that the king was unaware of the other seven. The mural in the basement of the castle that depicts them all shows that the Hylians would know all about the other seven sages and their purpose. After this you find Laruto and Fado who tell you that they offered prayers to empower the master sword.

I still don't see anything that differentiates the seven sages sages as being different to the sages of WW. The fact that the king knew about them doesn't say anything to me. I do believe they are different and have entirely different roles. However it seems just as likely (albeit unnecessary) that the sages we encounter are simply two of the the seven. Don't like the idea of it though.

that is completely possible but i think the sword adapted to the wilder (being he was a kid) since time was of the essence in that game and if it wanted for him to become 18 then the world would be doomed so the goddess's made a loop hole for him

X

XJordan9

i support a youtube theorist named lancun on this most think the split happens at the end of Oot but maybe it accutally happens when you first pull the master sword thus splitting it in two ( kind of like a clone if you will or a twin) because see link is always going back therefore the adult timeline startes halfway through the game and the child timeline is broken up over time as if time just stops in any case thats my theory. (or at least the one that i find most valid.) because it explains the master swords being in two places at one (or two times at once) and the triforc is bound to the sacred realm where i guess time has no effect. so that explains it being in like 7 games at once you know?

The timeline was split when OoT Link got sent back to his child hood and changed the course of events. The easiest way to think about it is imagine a timeline from SS all the way to OoT but before link goes to Zelda and starts collection the spiritual stones he instead heads off to Temina and Ganon is sent to be executed and blah blah blah Twilight Princess, and so on and so forth. Now to imagine the other timeline, imagine SS up to OoT and all the events of the game happen, Link virtually disappears and the MS is put back, (and at some point moved to Hyrule Castle) with a seal on Ganondorf that breaks, blah blah blah, theres no Link, world floods, time passes, Wind Waker. Thats why in TP it doesnt reference OoT Link. It references a Link. You actually talk to OoT Link, but hes the only one on this side of the timeline that experiences anything in OoT after Link and Zelda meet as children. And considering Wind Waker comes after Ocarina of Time where everything still happened, thats why when you go down in Hyrule Castle there is a monument to Link. We could get into the decline timeline, but thats a hypothetical parallel reality. No need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom