• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does the 3DS need an original 3D Zelda title

When A Link Between Worlds was announced in its top down 2D glory a lot of people were disappointed. Many were expecting an original 3D title for the 3DS but instead were given a top down game which re-used an overworld that many long-term Zelda fans were familiar with.

Now we have both OoT and MM 3D on the 3DS and still no original 3D title. Miyamoto has stated that Zelda is not done with the 3DS... but what could this mean? Will we eventually get that original 3D handheld Zelda or will Nintendo keep the top down 2D perspective exclusively for their handhelds?

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I indeed would enjoy a completely origanal Zelda tittle. It would be kinda nice if it was 3D with continuing the toon link design. You have no idea how I love that cell shading and art style. I want my Wind Waker Ganondorf back. So awesome.

Anyway since the Ds had those kind of games making a Zelda game going down the Toon Link time line would be nice. What they did with the train tracks for why they are there in plot is strangely interesting. Makes sense with the Iron.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I would really enjoy an all new game on the 3DS, and I really hope I dont have to get the new 3DS for it. I dont have the money for another system thats not really that new. its just an upgrade. I would hate to miss out on my first Zelda game cuz i cant afford new handheld, when i can always afford just a game. Im not saying to add extra features of those who do have the new one. it would be cool if they could adjust the controls depending on which 3DS you are playing on.

Back on topic, I dont care if its 3D or 2D, I dont mind them sticking with 2D, but at the same time I feel Grezzo deserve a chance to make a Zelda game for them, and that would most likely be a 3D game.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
As far as I'm concerned I'd like the 3DS to last a long time, I'm extremely happy with the hardware.
The 3DS is definitely my favorite handheld system, could even be my favorite system period, but I'm not sure yet.

As for the topic on hand, I think it's a guarantee that we will get at least one more original 2D Zelda and 3D Zelda for some iteration of the 3DS. The questions I have are which will come first, what will they be like and how many of each could they possibly make before they go for a completely new handheld system.

The 3DS is definitely my favorite handheld system, could even be my favorite system period, but I'm not sure yet.

As for the topic on hand, I think it's a guarantee that we will get at least one more original 2D Zelda and 3D Zelda for some iteration of the 3DS. The questions I have are which will come first, what will they be like and how many of each could they possibly make before they go for a completely new handheld system.
PSP will always be mine, and Vita would be a nice second if it was anything like the first 2 years of release. But yeah 3DS is amazing.

Salem

SICK
Why don't they reverse things for once? Have a new original 3D game for 3DS and a new original 2D game for Wii U.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Speaking as someone who was indeed surprised and a little disappointed when the announcement for a top-down perspective Zelda on the 3DS, I thought ALBW was fantastic and it's become one of my absolute favourite games on it. Would I like a new 3D title of Zelda for the 3DS? Of course, but it's no longer important to me that it's a 3D perspective game.

ILU

i luv u
I would love an original. I feel like ALBW was a way for them to explore new ideas but still make money by relying on an old success.

I'd like something truly original, but definitely using top-down <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom