• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Sega Have a Grip with Sonic Yet?

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
So we all know that Sega's done a pretty good job with Sonic lately, with the release of Colors and Sonic 4 episode 1 last year. Now with Sonic Generations Sega's combining classic Sonic gameplay and unleashed-style Sonic gameplay. Do you think it's safe to say that Sega's finally caught on with Sonic, or do you think they can still screw it up?

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
It is possible that they might screw up, but I think they have got it down this time, since it is combing some of the gameplay from Colors and the Genesis era.

i'm going to say to you the same thing i said to my cousin, Sonic like every other video game series has had a rock bottum to the series, and when a company hits rock bottum, logicly they'll decide to do better, with that being said, they knew they messed up after Sonic 06, so they kept going with other games, two years ago we got Unleashed, and that was a step in the right direction, though not by a lot because of it's glareing flaws,, a year later we get Sonic 4 ep. 1, again a good step in the right direction but the flaws aren't as bad, then Sonic Colors walks into the world of gaming, it was then made clear that Sega is walking back up. basicly what i'm saying is Generations is going to be the best of the modern games, and i think it's safe to say that Sega won't mess this up, the only thing i'd imagine them messing up is if they rushed it like Sonic 06, that's about it

I'm going to say yes.

I actually do not totally think SEGA is fully to blame for Sonic 2006. More or less it was the guy who said "Let's hurry it up so there's a PS3 version". Because of that, the game was rushed and untested and I like to think maybe the story suffered as well. At first it seems like a plot that could work but halfway they just didn't have a chance to work out any plot holes or better connect the 3 storylines.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Sonic can still die. The only thing that's making Generations a big deal is the fact that a certain little chubby Hedgehog made his way back to gaming. After that, then what? We are going to get another Sonic game without classic Sonic because not every game can have both of them. Generations is just the celebration of Sonic's 20th birthday. And when that next game hits I fear that Sega has not fully realized modern Sonic. It's going to be the same thing over and over. Running fast in 2D and 3D hitting enemies who are set up like bowling pins that don't attack you with some 2D platforming here and there and a part where the only way to advance is by using homing attack. People are going to get sick of this very fast. What they need to do is combine what's good from all three era's of Sonic and make a game outta of it so Sonic doesn't suffer from repetition. They need to master Sonic in 3D. I want to see 3D platforming, I want to see Sonic moving in 3D space, I want to see enemies attack you, I want to hear good tunes, I want to see good level design, I want to enjoy a heavy story, I want the spin dash back dammit, etc. Point is, if Sonic is gonna come back then Sega has to fully realize Sonic's potential and treat each Sonic game the way Nintendo treats Mario and Zelda games. Don't just rush a game each year to make a lot of money from hopeful Sonic fans and think that that's them wanting another terrible game Sega. Take a few years and actually do good for the series.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom