• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Dodoh's Party Wheel

I'm having an extremely hard time with this one. Any advice??? Or is it purely luck??? I have a hard time with the sky-diving as is, let alone getting through all 5 rings without hitting the balls and landing on the 50-rupee space.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I have the same problem. I emptied my wallet(s) trying to get the piece of heart from this mini game - without any success. My advice is to look back at the archives for the SS section. I remember Xinnamin posting some really good Sky-diving advice back when the game was sort of new.

EDIT: I found it for you :)

Xinnamin said:
Skydiving works in that the direction you tilt your controller from the neutral flat position dictates where you land. It is most responsive when the neutral position is the wiimote being flat, though the wiimote calibrates so that whatever position the wiimote is in when you jump off becomes the neutral position. Basically, what the above poster stated regarding jumping off with the wiimote flat is extremely helpful.

When you point your wiimote down, Link moves forward and also picks up speed. When you point it up, he moves backwards and loses speed. Tilting it left and right causes him to glide left or right, and rotating your wiimote can also cause Link to rotate, which can screw up your orientation if you're not careful. The rattle on the windmill is a simple matter of pointing your wiimote down. The Goddess Cube in Eldin, you should be able to reach that if you point your wiimote down and slightly right, just don't exaggerate your movements as Link's diving responds pretty sensitively. .

(http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?26948-Gliding-gt-gt&highlight=skydiving)

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm getting better at the sky diving. The problem I'm having is aiming. I've gotten to the point where I can get through all five rings (only did that once, unfortunately), but then actually aiming my landing so I land on the 50 rupee space.

I use what I call the 3:00 technique. Basically, imagine the island as a clock, take note of where the 50 rupee spot is when you go through the last ring, and aim for the area three hours behind where the 50 rupee spot was.

Example: you get through all the rings, and upon getting he last ring, the 50 rupee space is in the 6:00 position (bottom of the wheel) aim one quarter of the clock behind that spot, at the 3:00 spot (right side of the wheel). This takes lots of practice, patience, and a well controlled temper, because you will probably end up hitting one of the ripple spots a few times as they are right next to the 50 spot.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yes that's a good method good i cursed this minigame out i think it's a bit biased though, you go through all 5 rings and the damn thing barely slows down for me.

I use what I call the 3:00 technique. Basically, imagine the island as a clock, take note of where the 50 rupee spot is when you go through the last ring, and aim for the area three hours behind where the 50 rupee spot was.

Example: you get through all the rings, and upon getting he last ring, the 50 rupee space is in the 6:00 position (bottom of the wheel) aim one quarter of the clock behind that spot, at the 3:00 spot (right side of the wheel). This takes lots of practice, patience, and a well controlled temper, because you will probably end up hitting one of the ripple spots a few times as they are right next to the 50 spot.

Yeah, I'm starting to lose my temper with this and Fledge's Pumpkin Pull. I'm having such a hard time, I don't think I'm ever going to win it. I'm so mad too!!!!! I really want to finish 100% :(

Out of the last 5 playthroughs I've won this game about three times so far. But each time has taken a few tries, my current playthrough I think I did it on the fifth try. It's all about foresight ie. try and guess as accurately as you can where the 50 rupee space will be when you land and aim Link at it. I did at least twice land on one of the two grey spaces on either side of the 50 which was infuriating.

^ Well, that's your skill. You were able to do it, however I am not able to do it. I've come to grips with I will not finish with 100%.

I appreciate all the input guys, but from what I understand it's purely by luck.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i heard that if you go through all 5 rings, the place the 50 rupee space is when you go through the final ring is roughly where it will be when you land

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom