• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do your parents use bad words?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
My folks've never been ones to use it often, though my dad was more likely to than my mom. Both usually when they're upset.

They have gotten a bit more lax now that I'm older though.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
My Dad does occasionally. My mum is no longer with us but she never really swore. I wasn't raised to swear and I still would never be comfortable swearing in front of my parents.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
my dad swears very rarely and i'm not sure i ever heard him swear growing up. My mom swore more frequently when i was young, generally accidently and she always apologized after. When we were older she stopped avoiding swearing and swore relatively frequently.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
my dad swears all the time and probably was actually helpful for me because it helped me learn what was and wasn't a swear so I could know what not to say myself, especially because I read a lot as a kid and saw interjections that were sometimes real words and sometimes not, but how would I have known?
Being raised LDS meant we were taught to keep our language clean as often as we could
I can count the number of swears I've said in my life on one hand, and remember basically every unique instance of every swear I've ever used (all of the verbal ones were accidental)
I've never felt the need to use a swear. I like expressing myself accurately when I can and I see swears as the exact opposite of accurate expressions
I've heard all of my siblings use swear words, some of them regularly, some not
but I haven't ever
I'm a bit more lenient with typing and sometimes I'll type a "f***" or something just to indicate the swear that someone else used

I use screw, freakin, and bull/crap regularly which some people might say are basically the same as swearing

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I've never felt the need to use a swear. I like expressing myself accurately when I can and I see swears as the exact opposite of accurate

do you use any exclamations?

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
All the time. They usually use Quebec curses (at least in my dad and step-mom's case), but they'll also use English profanity often. Despite that, they try to get my brothers and I to not swear and don't want us making it a habit (kind of hard when they're dropping curses on the daily...)

Ragnarokio

All the time. They usually use Quebec curses (at least in my dad and step-mom's case), but they'll also use English profanity often. Despite that, they try to get my brothers and I to not swear and don't want us making it a habit (kind of hard when they're dropping curses on the daily...)
that they can't stop despite apparently wanting to should be a good warning

ZeldaFanatic64

Infrequently active ZD member
that they can't stop despite apparently wanting to should be a good warning
I might've worded my post weirdly, sorry! I don't think my parents have any plans on curving their swearing habits ever, but they want to make sure my brothers and I don't swear, or (at the very least) as much as they do.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
My dad never swears, my mom does sometimes. She tries not to swear partly to set a good example but mostly because I yell at her everytime she does. Since I'm not allowed to swear, neither is she lol. I don't swear, since I grew up not swearing or being around it much.

(Also after typing it so many times I'm realizing how weird the word swear is. Swear. Swore. Weird.)

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Yeah, whole family did all the time, yet somehow it's lessened many years later. I was expected to never mimic them or say the words, despite them being a constant growing up, so for a time I never did & was seen as unusual as a teenager. I only really picked it up badly after living by myself. Now I'm a sailor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom