• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do your parents use bad words?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Growing up, I basically never heard my parents use any harsh language. That I know of anyway, they had to have at some point. And I say that b/c since becoming an adult, they began to use those words a lot more commonly, especially my dad who says certain words pretty casually. I guess it's neat that they were tame about it around me as a kid?

What about you guys? How is/was your parent's profanity levels?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Growing up my dad would only use language when he was really mad. Now my dad uses some every now and then when he isn't around my younger siblings.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My dad did once in a while if my memory serves me right (I was 12 when my parents divorced so I don't remember it very well). My mother on the other hand could swear so badly she could make a sailor feel embarressed. She did this all the time. I often have to keep myself from following her example but thank God I manage this very well

All the damned time, especially my mom They're both ex-military and from what they've said that's a fairly common trait in the military anyway, so I suspect that played a huge part in that. I uh, take after them in that respect being fully honest. I think the exact curses I tend to use more differs from them a bit, but the general sailor's mouth, yeah, I definitely picked that up.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
My parents were always kinda strict with bad words until I was around my mid-teens.

I'd occasionally hear my mother slip some every now and then.
My father rarely said them, specially around my step-mother because she finds them a bit too crude, but when he did it was usually in a jokingly manner or in an anger burst.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Both of my parents would occasionally use bad language. My dad moreso than my mom.

My dad, brother, and I also because of ADHD are quite emotionally impulsive, so where normal people have a filter, we don't, so it just comes out.

We're getting better, but it comes out every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom