• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Withdraw from Purchasing Certain Items when Around Friends

So do ya

• Yes I do and I'm okay with that

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I do but I'm not okay with that

• Nope I'm proud of that

• Nope but I'm not okay with that

• Very rarely

• I'm just a coward leave me alone

• Total voters

Dan

Recently I was in the bi-curios realm of skype, which pretty much looks like the inside of a toilet after a curry filled drunken North Englishman has made use of it. I was in a particular favorite of mine (it's not my particular favorite) entitled Skype Mafia, which hosts a mafia game every 3 weeks, sometimes 1 and a half if we are feeling badass enough!

A comment however made my eyebrow raise, Now I'm not going to name the individual because it may make him feel a little embarrassed, he made something along the lines of this comment. "I want to get Wind waker HD with the figure, but I'm scared to buy that around my friends". A tear dropped as soon as I read that, that one sentence had invoked powerful feelings straight from my heart, All I could think was how beautiful this creature was, how lovely his personality is, and how he deserves everything in life, he is a remarkable passionable human being and should never be afraid to show the world his passions.

So here's the question, Do you withdraw from purchasing certain items when around friends, if so why is that and if not... er why not.

Dan

Yes, for example on trips to Ann Summers.

This surprises me because me and my friends love visiting shops such as those together.
So I'm going to set you a goal, I want you and your friends to march to ann summers this weekend, with your heads held up high, holding hands, and march on in there, don't let society bully you Beauts, trust me you feel feel a lot happier like me and ALIT once you do this task!

If you fail to do so, I will have to ask you to give me all your ZD gold I'm afraid.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
This surprises me because me and my friends love visiting shops such as those together.
So I'm going to set you a goal, I want you and your friends to march to ann summers this weekend, with your heads held up high, holding hands, and march on in there, don't let society bully you Beauts, trust me you feel feel a lot happier like me and ALIT once you do this task!

If you fail to do so, I will have to ask you to give me all your ZD gold I'm afraid.

Yes it's all very well and good when you're just in there for a laugh Dan! No, my gold is mine, earn your own sucker!

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't think there are any items that I feel uncomfortable buying in front of my friends to be honest. For one, I'm quite laid back and I don't really get embarrassed easily and two, I simply don't feel the need to be embarrassed in what I buy.

If I go shopping with friends it's mainly clothes so unless I was to buy a pink thong or something I doubt I'd be embarrassed. I don't tend to purchase that many games anymore, if I do so then I do online, but that tends to be rare as of late. I don't think there have been that many moments were I have been embarrassed in the past, maybe one or two times when I was younger and I was trying to fit in more with my friends but that's about it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope not at all. If I like something I make sure my friends know about it as well and it always ends up in them helping me search for items I want as well. Why should I feel ashamed of embarressed when I want to buy something I like? If my friends don't like it they better wait outside :P

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Yes, but very rarely. I don't feel comfortable buying certain products around my friends, simply because it would be personally awkward and I feel it's my own business.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yes, I feel very uncomfortable buying several items when I'm around my friends. I once pitched to buy a Zelda themed carrying case but my friends made fun of me for it, "gay" they called me, it just hurt my feelings so much. Of course as is typical ZD fashion, I asked "why can't we just have our own opinions?" but they persisted in bullying me. Nowadays I don't buy those items when around friends, actually as a matter of fact I have damned them as "not my friends" because a true friend will support any decision you make :')

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Yes. I mean, I'd never go underwear shopping with my friends. I don't even like doing that with my mother. Also, I avoid buying anything Zelda related with friends. They don't need to know how much of a fangirl I am, plus one of my closest friends is one of those people who plays nothing but generic FPS' and declares basically anything else as 'gay'.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Can't think of anything, at least. I personally think that if you're afraid of what your friends think about your purchases, maybe, just maybe you're making friends with the wrong kind of people. One thing is to keep intimacy boundaries (like Beauts suggestion of Ann Summers), that's completely natural. Not everything needs to be shared with the world. But it's a whole other thing to be afraid that your friends might make fun of you or look down on you for getting something.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, there was this one time I was buying a box of condoms as a joke gift for somebody (we do that a lot in my family), and my friends walked in... Ya, that was pretty awkward.

Aside from that, I really don't like buying clothes with friends. I have a drastically different opinion on clothes than my friends do. They rush through and just get whatever fits, but I go through them rack by rack to make sure I don't buy something I don't want. It's not really awkward, but it may be a little weird sometimes.

My friends make fun of me for liking Zelda, so I would never buy a Zelda game in their presence. In fact, the only games I feel comfortable buying around them are shooters, because that's pretty much all they play and they seem to think they are "in the norm". -_-

I would also never go Christmas/birthday shopping with my friends. It is none of their business what I want to get for people. I typically buy them something too as well, so I definitely wouldn't want them to see that.

Other than that, I'm not too picky about what I buy with my friends. Although this list covers pretty much everything I actually buy... usually I just get candy and stuff with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom