• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you wish you could live in a Zelda world?

Imagine no McDonalds or fast food chains? You have to rely on your swords and bow and arrows and ride on horse back to certain places. Or well that would kinda be like medieval times when you had to kill enemies most likely. But just wondering if you would be ok if it was ogres or trolls you were fighting instead of humans. Kinda like Lord of the Rings.

Btw why do mcdonalds exists in the first place? I mean maybe Shigeru Miyamoto would make a realistic Zelda game where they get nuclear bombs or something between nations and that people are just no need of men work power and they make fat food chains as some form of greed satisfaction as realism to what started to develop in the 50s or something o_O

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Zelda world isn't very fleshed out, so it's difficult to get a sense of what it would be like to live there.

But what I like about Hyrule is that it is an old world, seemingly built on layers of forgotten history. If you are one of the few who are well traveled in Hyrule, the world has a lot to provide, but then parts of it are extremely perilous as well and most people are as like to fall victim to said perils as benefit from them.

And I think this is why the various peoples of Hyrule are so insular. Travel seems particularly rare in Hyrule. The world is also sparsely populated, which can be good, but the denizens of Hyrule also come off as some of the dumbest and laziest people imaginable. I wouldn't want to live with them. This is a common trend I've noticed across all the games in the series that take place in Hyrule, which would explain why they get caught off guard by violent coups so easily, and why it appears that Hyrule repeatedly succumbs to cataclysms that bury the remnants of old kingdoms that newer kingdoms are built upon.

Hyrule is a beautiful wondrous place for those with the means and the drive to see it. It is low technology which has its benefits and drawbacks and even though magic exists it doesn't appear to be commonplace. Times tend to be generally good for all between periods of unrest. You just gotta watch out for those times when evil reigns.

To be honest, not really. Seems like it'd be far too dangerous to survive in for the long run, especially given how the likes of Ganon come round every few months and the world is always in danger.

So nah. I'd probably prefer the Mushroom Kingdom from Mario if anything. At least there death is cheap and easily recoverable, to make up for the thousands of invasions the kingdom gets every year.

WinterWolf

Gerudo Theif
I honestly would like to, maybe in TP's world if I was given the choice. I'm used to being outdoors for days and weeks or probably months if I had to.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No I wouldn't like to live in a Zelda world. Hyrule seems to be largely populated by people who are either imbeciles and/or unhinged lunatics, most of whom seem like they could be on various drugs. I don't have any experience of survival against dangerous beasts in the wilds, which is exactly what I would have to face since living in a village with some of the loonies of Hyrule would almost certainly drive me to venture out there.

I frequently wish that I could live in fantasy worlds. Of course, our conception of them is that they so dangerous, what with ancient evils and such, but if you were to look at it like another world similar to our, except more medieval and fantastic, then yes.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I enjoy the luxuries of modern real life too much that I imagine living in Hyrule wouldn't be my cup of tea. If I was born there and didn't know any better I guess it wouldn't really be a problem, you become accustomed to what you know after all.

I'm not so sure that Hyrule being dangerous is a great reason not to want to live there though, I mean, our own world isn't exactly very safe as it is, no?

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
That would be a dream come true for me. I love the fantasy and somewhat medieval feel of the Zelda worlds. What I would give to spend a day—or forever—as a resident of Skyloft. I'd probably spend a lot of time attempting to track down Ghirahim (I don't think that would work out too well for me, lol).

Termina is top of my list with a nice time-share in Kohilint, but Hyrule is a little empty for my tastes. And then there's that Ganon guy and his little tantrums...

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
F**k yea I would! Even though I would miss playing video games or being on the internet, but I would have lots of fun being in Hyrule
with Link fighting monsters and finding amazing secrets.
And best of all no Justin Bieber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom