• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you want the Triforce to feature more prominently in future games?

The Triforce is very important to Zelda lore but many games in the series dont even feature it.

Games that do feature the Triforce mainly have it dropping things on villains; Skyview Temple on Demise's head and the Ocean on top of WW Ganondorf.

Games that kind of feature it like OoT and BotW either merely mention it or throw it in vaguely (like the end of BotW).

We know it is capable of incredible things but presonally after 30+ years of Zelda i still dont feel as if the Triforce has lived up to its true potential narratively.

Would you like to see more of a focus on the Triforce in future games?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I would absolutely love to.

A game circling around finding and using the triforce would be great, and I agree it hasn't been shown enough in the games. It's just kinda a plot device that is barely used

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I recently wrote a similar thread about how the Triforce is used in anti-climatic ways. Yes, the Triforce is overkill in my opinion, it's full potential is never really used. The most impactful wish that it had been used for was to restore Lorule's Triforce, showing that it has power to influence other universes.

https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/is-the-triforce-overkill.62803/

I do want a game where the Triforce is featured more prominently, and I also want to see it used in more permanent and impactful ways.

Sure thing, and I'd like for what the villain WANTS to wish to play a major theme or be important.

Like Thanos wanting to wipe out half the universe's population with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Hydef Hyrule

HD and beyond
I remember looking at the artwork of the Triforce in the Sacred Realm in the Link To the Past guidebook as kid and getting this intensely mystical feeling. I always loved that. I too would like to see it play a bigger role. But with all it's built up to be, how could the player utilize it without it being either gamebreakingly powerful, or lore-clashingly weak? If it has the power to literally shape dimensions, how could the game truly do it justice in the player's possession? Maybe it has to stay out of our reach, but I'd like them to find a way to focus on it more centrally without it just being a maguiffin again.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
It would be great to see some games that featured the triforce more prominently and give us more concrete lore about it. I feel like the lore of the triforce is not contradictory but that it isn't solidly fleshed out and isn't always consistent.
Although I want to see this, at the same time I don't want every game to feature the triforce to this extent. Sometimes The Legend of Zelda is it's best when it steps away from the core lore of Hyrule, the Triforce, Princess Zelda, the Master Sword and Ganon, and forge new places, scenarios and lore, i.e. MM, LA. I want to see the lands bordering and beyond Hyrule and the many stories that can be told in them. Generally I want the world within and out of Hyrule to be expanded apon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom