• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Turn Off the Sound When....

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well do you? I mean in OoT I happen to turn off the sound when child Link faces Barinade. And also when Adult Link faces Bongo Bongo. I simply can't stand the screaming Link does and makes me want to toss him through the window. So does this happen to you too with games in general? Like you hate the sound of the character(s) or the music in general?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well sometimes I turn the sound off if the music gets irritating (example TP City in the Sky and SS Lanayru Mining Facility). I don't think I've ever turned it off because a character's voice, though.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I never turn the sound off while playing video games.

Well, I only turn the sound off on my handhelds when I am at school for obvious reasons.

I don't think I turned off the sound for characters, but I turned off the music for the Twilight segments in TP when I was a kid as I was scared of the place at the time and the music didn't help with that. -_-

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Seeing as those bosses are so easy...no. There's no reason for Link to scream because there's no reason to get hit.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I actually never turn the sound off for reasons like that. The only times I turn the sound off when playing a video game is if I don't want to disturb people around me with the sound or if I'm listening to music while playing the game. I don't think I've ever been annoyed at the sound/voices of video games enough to actually turn the volume off.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It can occur anywhere in the game, so have fun playing mute. *shrug*

Frequency of the sound also comes into contact. One buzz won't make someone go haywire unless they were constantly exposed to that at some point. Same with the cold. :I

No. I never turn off the sound--the music and SFX are a part of the experience for me. This is why I have headphones. It is why I am wearing them now.

Granted, I'm home alone and I'm wearing them because I like the sound quality better from my headphones(and they're really comfy) but still. That's actually why I always wear them with my DS--it sounds amazing. As for console games, I just never turn off the sound. It never bothers me that much.

As of yet.

But I really can't blame you for turning the sound off when you fight Barinade and Bongo Bongo. I just like to mimic him.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Sometimes I'll just start playing games without having the sound on at all. If I turn it off halfway through, it's usually because the music and/or sound effects were beginning to irritate me. I typically don't turn off my sound when characters talk, but if I have the ability to skip through their dialogue, then I usually do so.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I tend to turn the volume off on handhelds more than consoles. Usually the music is more repetitive or I am in more places where I'd annoy people if I left the sound on.

Some games, such as zelda, I play so much that it makes no difference whether the sound is on or off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom