• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think You Could Ever Be Too Old for a Video Game?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm definitely too old to be playing Pokèmon. I think the cutoff age for that series is 15 years, unless you're playing for a nostalgia purpose. But that's just me - the series has simply gone into a ridiculous position since Gen III. Collecting a bunch of monsters was a cool concept, but like Call of Duty and Zelda, it just doesn't hold up all to well since it sticks to series conventions.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
For me personally, no. :P I realize that once you get older you have more responsibilities and less time to do things that you love, but I don't think I will ever completely outgrow playing video games, especially when it comes to Zelda. Franchises like Pokemon, I can see maybe, just because I'm not a huge fan of the current games, but considering that even my parents still enjoy playing Mario and Zelda games to this day, I think I'll never be too old to play them either.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
For me, no. I could care less if people tell me I'm too old to play video games. I enjoy playing them, re-experiencing everything, how awesome this game is still the best to you, etc. I do enjoy playing the current Mario and Zelda games. Pokémon...I think I'll stop after finishing Pearl. All depends about future Pokemon games..

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think it really depends on the game.

For me though, I honestly don't care. If I'm interested in a game, I'm interested in the game. I'm not going to be like "Pfft, I'm too old for that."

octorok74

TETTAC
Nah. Video games are a great escape. You can do and be what you want to do and be. As long as it doesn't interfere too much, I don't think I'll ever get too old for them. Though my parents think I am too old for them.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I reached a point with Pokemon Black and White where I just became sick of the same formula with a different look in each game. Three starter pokemon, get a rival, 8 gym leaders, Team _____ is up to some evil doings! You must stop them, Elite Four and then a pokedex that you can't complete without going to some Nintendo event in the middle of nowhere.

I just wish they would release a game that had a slightly different main storyline. I'm sick of doing the same thing over and over just with a different map and different pokemon.

Okay fair enough the games are quirky enough and long enough that I may at some point decide to play pokemon again, I just wish they wouldn't insult my intelligence with every new game that comes out by expecting me to be surprised that my rival beat the elite four before I did.

I fear that yes, this is me getting too old for pokemon. Haven't played a pokemon game in about 2 years and I can't see a time in the near future I will again.

I have to say though, I loved being able to climb the mountain and fight Ash at the end of Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, but I feel like THIS should have been completing the game, not the elite four as I hated never being able to fight him again.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nope, never!

Games are all about having fun. I can never be too old to have fun. Probably the most engaging activity you can really do, too. I barely watch any movies now. Only the biggies like Hobbit. Otherwise, it's games all the time.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
That's like saying you're too old for ice cream D:

Well, I'm not a huge Pokemon fan to begin with. But seeing as I play video games for the immersible story, putting you in the protagonist's shoes, as well as the puzzle-solving aspect that my favorite gaming genre features, i don't think i could ever be too old for Zelda.

Given my current maturity, I doubt that I could be much more humiliated by games geared towards younger audiences than I. For now, while technically I am the target audience for said games, I consider myself older than that. If anything, I'll grow dorkier with age, something I really won't mind. It's not easy being the straight man in a group of dedicated dorks.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Hell no! I'm fine with playing video games, no matter what age! The only difference between me now and me when I was 10 is that now I can appreciate pokemon for what it was worth then and now. I can play a new game and enjoy the new concepts and themes built in. Then I can play the old one while reminicing about how fun it was the first time I played and how fun it is now.

Also, since I'm older I don't need a parent to go to the store with me to get an M rated game. My parents regulated that well, and I'm glad they did because it's their job to do that.

Overall, I think that you're never too old for a game cause when you have kids of your own, you're going to want to show them what you grew up playing. I remember when I was 4 years old and my dad showed me the NES he had from his college days. He put the controller in my hands, popped in Super Mario Bros. and gave me a brief explanation of the game before letting me try it out. I'll admit I was horrible. It was new and challenging. But it's one of my favorite memories with him as a kid and it's something that I can't wait to do when I have kids, cause I'll show them that, and then Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda, and Metroid, and I'll start them down their own road of video games.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
NEVAH!! How could I outgrow my childhood? I foud a bunch of old games I had, and I am currently trying to beat my(very)old highscore of 134,455,010 onthe Sapphire level in Pokemon Pinball. ^^ I was a little nerd when I was, like, eight. CAN ANYONE BEAT MY RECORD? PROVE IT. I spent about twenty minutes (Gosh, how do I make this not sound wrong?) on one ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom