• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think the Sheikah Will Be in Skyward Sword?

Do you think the Sheikah will be in Skyward Sword?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
I can't believe no one noticed this sooner. (Maybe someone did and I just never saw any mention of it anywhere, but I did a quick sweep of the internets and this is the only source I've found for this particular piece of info.)

The Sheikah symbol is in Skyward Sword.

Sheikah%20Eye%20Skyward%20Sword.png

Mind = blown.

Source: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/07/evidence-of-the-sheikah-appears-in-skyward-sword.html

Oh my god. What is that, some kind of primitive Sheikah Stone? This game seems to have a lot going on (story-wise).

skybird11

state alchemist
oh... my... god... this opens up a lot of questions. get ready for the theory sub-forum to overflow. ill start. the sheikah have already betrayed the dark tribe! holy crap!

IHNo

The Other Side
Now I'm even MORE excited for this game! The Sheikah have always been a very mysterious race, and now that we have evidence that they may indeed play a role in the game (whether large or small), this could unfold a lot of unanswered questions. Of course, whenever that happens, more questions are sure to follow, but the fact they the Eye of the Sheikah is tattooed onto that stone has really gotten me excited.

In the trailer, when Link hits that stone with his sword, the whole area lights up with color. I wonder how the Eye correlates with the change of environment? Very curious indeed.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I just read this from ZI and I was shocked that we never noticed it before. I really hope this means the Sheikah are in Skyward Sword.

Man, this game has the opportunity to have by FAR the best story in the series. I mean, to me it's already a given. Lot's of interesting and meaningful to Zelda Universe things going on, it would be great to see the progression of the game filled with this important events, and less fillers. It's something that I felt in every console Zelda game except OoT, the story is sparse AND stuffed with minor forgettable quests/events, that at some point you lost the sense of duty, and play only pushed by the gameplay.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
The plot thickens!

Though I did suspect that the Sheikah were heavily involved, with the lyre and the dark tribe harbouring connections to the Sheikah, this is certainly the kicker.

If you look deeper into it, there certainly is a mountain of evidence to consider. Impaz in Twilight Princess practically confirmed that the Sheikah were the middle men between the Hylian Royal Family and the Sky Beings. At some point, Ghirahim and his clan will come to a cross roads, and decisions will be made about Zelda and the founding of the Royal Family. Interesting stuff, eh?

There are two threads I can recommend if you would like some more speculation:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19302-A-Curious-Trait-of-Ghirahim.

and

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19731-One-of-Seven

Food for thought :)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Looks to me like a combination of the Sheikah symbol and the "modern" (in TP) Twili version. =P

Classic (pre-split):Modern (Twili):Classic with tear (Sheikah):
180px-MidnaHelmEyes.jpg
460.png
79px-Howling_Stone.png

My original theory was that the single eye that appears on the Twili throne and on the fused shadow was the symbol used by the original interlopers, which consisted mainly/entirely of Sheikah. When the tribe split into what became the Twili and the Sheikah as we know them, they both added tears and the symbol evolved differently for each tribe. This new version makes all this slightly more complicated, since it would appear that the tear appears before the Twili are sealed, in which case it is strange to see the original tearless symbol on the Twili throne.

Also, notice the pattern on the top. I've noticed that it's commonly used by the Twili, though admittedly it's fairly common everywhere.
Complete_Fused_Shadow.png
117px-Fused_Shadow_(Goron_Mines).png

The pattern also appears on the torches in SS among other places.

edit: The square spiral pattern appears on the Hero's Charm in WW:
heroscharm.png

but I think it also appears in random places like the platforms at the bottom of OoT's grottos.

Last edited:
It's interesting... The 'stone' that Link hits reveals an alternate environment, almost like a certain Sheikah item. Lens of Truth in Skyward Sword? Possibly so.

At any rate, this find almost guarantees that we will see the Sheikah in some form. I get more excited about this game every day.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
It's interesting... The 'stone' that Link hits reveals an alternate environment, almost like a certain Sheikah item. Lens of Truth in Skyward Sword? Possibly so.

At any rate, this find almost guarantees that we will see the Sheikah in some form. I get more excited about this game every day.

Although I throw my support behind this as well, don't jump to conclusions yet.

Imagine if we had seen the Twilight Princess howling stones in early screenshots. The Sheikah had almost nothing to do with that game.

Which is another thing, actually. The Sheikah have almost nothing to do with any Zelda game. Well, not explicitly anyways.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Maybe that Shiekah Stone reverses Time in that area? Turns it back to a lush environment?

So, activating the switch with that eye-like pattern (insignia?) on it reveals a lush, colorful room? This might be a stretch, but could that EYE-switch be revealing the room's true, original appearance (like before what happened to it...happened)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom