• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think the Next Zelda Game Will Be a 3DS Title? (OOT 3DS Doesn't Count)

I think so.
because not only would it be a great launch title,
but with SS coming out soon I don't think there will be a console zelda game
for a loooong time! SP was released not too long ago, so I don't think we'll see another ds title!

what do you think? :)

So basicaly you are asking if the next original Zelda game after ZSS will be on the 3DS or the Wii? Personaly, I think it will be on the Wii. If it was between the DS and the Wii, then the DS, but frankly, I think making 3DS games will take longer than Wii games. But for sure they will be worked on simultanously.

Beeker

Wild Card
If you're talking about handhelds, I think it's very likely. And even if there is another DS Zelda, it will probably be the last one on the system. When a new console(handheld or home) is announced, some games are still made for the predecessor, but that number steeply declines. PS2 is an example of that. Even with the PS3 out, the PS2 was still popular for a while. The same could be said for the DS/3DS.

A Zelda game could still be made for the DS, but the developers may choose to start making the handheld games because of the 3DS's improvement in technology.

@Beeker Yes, but that is not always the case. For example, that did not happen between the NES and the SNES. Infact, they completly canceled the original ZeldaIII an ended up making ALttP on the SNES which had nothing to do with the graphics/story/data of ZeldaIII.

Edit: Then again, it did happen for the GBC and the GBA for OoX.

agree with Beeker the ds will probably still be popular and they could make one more zelda game on it. However I think that one more game at most because they will most certainly want to make a zelda game in 3D. I know OOT 3D will be on it but I meant a new zelda game in 3D. They could have such interest things like spikes will come out of the screen and stuff :xd:

Cool topic by the way ^^

It has been verified that the 3DS will be DS compatible. (For those of you about ot deREP me because they said they might, they said they might make it DSiWare compatible, but they confirmed it was DS compatible.) Also, at the top left, you see something that turns on/off the 3D. So there is a lot of evidence for both sides of the arguement. Just thought I'd mention it.

I just read that the 3DS is coming out on september 29th 2010 on gonintendo!!!
I hope OOT 3DS will be a launch title!!

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
They could finish the DS trilogy on the DS and start something new on the 3DS since it might have different graphics. It better have better graphics if Ocarina of time will get a remake.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
I really hope no more DS titles are released. I doubt they will anyways. Between the 3DS and Wii, I DEFINITELY think the next Zelda game will be on the 3DS. The gap between console Zelda games seems to be widening:
OoT-MM = 2 years.
MM-WW = 2 years.
WW-TP = 4 years.
TP-SS = 5 years. (granted that it's released in 2011.)
I think that the next console game will be on an 8th generation system, not the Wii. Every console except the SNES has 2 Zelda games. The Wii already has TP and SS. I can't see the Wii lasting too much longer. I can see a new system coming out in 2013/2014. So I don't think the Wii will have any more Zelda games.

I think the next Zelda game will be on the 3DS. I can't see them waiting very long to make a 3DS Zelda game. Nintendo has even said themselves that the 3DS is perfect for Zelda. Because of this statement, I think they'll start making Zelda games fairly quickly. I really hope that they're not in the style of ST or PH though. It's not the art style, but just mainly the way the games were played that I didn't like very much.

This is of course just my speculation and what I Think.

Last edited:

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Yes, but that is for console. You are forgetting about handheld. PH-ST 1 year. And TWW-TP is not 4 years. You are forgetting FSA.

Well, first of all, I don't really even think about Four Swords Adventure because I've never played it and a lot of people don't even consider it a mainstream Zelda game. It's not even listed at the top of Zelda Dungeon. And wasn't TWW released in 2002/early 2003 and TP in late 2006?

-FSA is just as great a game as any other LoZ title (Just had to say that)
-TP is conically a GameCube game. It was ported to the Wii, but so were a lot of titles in the Wii Shop virtual console thingie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom