• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think That SS Will Tur Out More Beautiful Than TP?

Twilight Princess's graphic style was essentially that of Ocarina of Time's but with with higher poly models and better textures. Twilight Princess's textures and overall appearance was more faded and dull compared to Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Objects in Twilight Princess had pretty much no specularity, which also attributes to that faded look.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Well, kind of. It had (mostly) realistic terrain and a such, and a lot of the characters were pretty close, but there was still a more stylized anime look to it. It wasn't cel-shaded but the characters had big eyes, and many of them didn't have 100% realistic proportions. It was a lot like a grittier OoT style actually.

Sorry, but TP is just not anime...anime is cartoonish, no? TP was not, I will grant you, 100% realistic. Sure, some of their eyes were a bit big and maybe that is a little anime inspired (though it's probably just as much for the sake of emotive expressiveness), but the atmosphere of the world is basically going for realism. Aside from the eyes, almost all the human characters had human proportions. The animals that exist in the real world had perfectly realistic proportions. The horses were shaped exactly like real horses; the cats like real cats; dogs like real dogs. The terrain was as realistic looking as they could get it. The sand in the desert looked like real sand. Stone and rock looked like real stone and rock. Metal like metal. Flowers like flowers. On a scale from realistic to stylized TP is much, much closer to realistic...Here is my scale:

STYLIZED---WW-----------------SS------------------------------------------OOT------TP------REALISTIC

You may move those around a bit...but generally, you get the point...on the whole it is going for realism, not cartoonishness or "anime".

Now! I agree with you 100% on beauty though. SS is far, far more beautiful than the muddy, washed-out, dreary TP. If only they would fix those pop-up book trees...

I love realism in Zelda games, and I hope Nintendo keeps at it on their next home system.

View attachment 6012

I do think Skyward Sword's graphics are beautiful, I already like them more than Twilight Princess'. I hope it doesn't have a lot of goblins like Twilight Princess.

Last edited:

Hannah

Milk was a bad idea.
I think that the graphics will hit a sweet spot between WW & TP. I really think TP is kinda dark for a normal zelda game.. esp since a lot of newcomers trying to play it as their first, it seems a little scary..

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
TP was so unrealistic that it didn't even go near the "Uncanny Vally." It didn't look realistic at all! I dunno what kinda people you hang out with, but do they by chance look like this?-- http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv2/UberLoserPokeFreak/LS_Cosplay__by_Andreaaaaa.jpg

Just because something has natural colors, doesn't mean it's realistic.

Ummm...the people I hang out with do kinda look like...say...Shad:

450px-Shad.png

or Hena

Hena.png

or Talo

Talo.png

Shad or Hena, I could understand... but are you calling your friends ugly by comparing them to Talo? Ah well, I guess we'll never see eye-to-eye.

Even though TP looks totally like a cartoon to me.

The characters in TP aren't nearly as disproportionate as the the ones in that picture you linked. I agree it wasn't very realistic, but not nearly as much so as your example.

The characters in TP aren't nearly as disproportionate as the the ones in that picture you linked. I agree it wasn't very realistic, but not nearly as much so as your example.

You do realize that I linked a photo, don't you? They are wearing masks, but I unno, it just sounds like you didn't realize it was a photo for some reason. They basically look the same as TP characters to me, but with much prettier colors.

You do realize that I linked a photo, don't you? They are wearing masks, but I unno, it just sounds like you didn't realize it was a photo for some reason. They basically look the same as TP characters to me, but with much prettier colors.

You do realise I was talking about the way the masks looked compared to their bodies, right? I was comparing your photograph and the things it in to Twilight Princess.

Yea, but they still look like brightly colored TP characters to me. I know they are from Lucky Star, but these cosplayers look like TP characters.

Oh, uh... Yea, I don't really understand sarcasm too well. I have this thing that's totally off topic, but it makes communication difficult in real life and totally frustrating over the net. So yea, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom