• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spirit Tracks Do You Think Spirit Tracks Overdid the Vehicle Aspect of Phantom Hourglass and WW?

I understand that in wind waker boats were an interesting innovative way to chart the seas, and phantom hourglass also, but I think spirit tracks took vehicles too far. I see how they were trying to find a new way of doing things while still using the footsteps of Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass, but they over used it. What do you think?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I had to drive much less than I had to sail, so no. Having a transportation-based overworld sucks in general, but I feel ST still handled it better than tWW and ironed out most of the issues with PH's.

Spirit Tracks is the whole reason I hate the Adult Timeline.

Yes, I think they overdid it with the addition of a train. Having a train really, really limited exploration. The train, in my opinion, is way too modern for a Zelda game. This might sound crazy, but I think a submarine would have made more sense because of the new sea, although I wouldn't want either

I really hate the direction the Adult Timeline went in.

Salem

SICK
I didn't like the train, not because it's a train, because it's too restrictive and annoying to get around.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I thought it was okay, the train is more convenient than the boat in WW, not having to change the wind direction constantly and etc. Havent played PH...

LinkIsCool said:
This might sound crazy, but I think a submarine would have made more sense because of the new sea, although I wouldn't want either
Have you played much of it? Once you get to the ocean realm, the train can go underwater.

I thought it was okay, the train is more convenient than the boat in WW, not having to change the wind direction constantly and etc. Havent played PH...

Have you played much of it? Once you get to the ocean realm, the train can go underwater.

Oh ya, I've played it. I just think a sub wouldn't have limited exploration as much since it doesn't need rails to travel. Just my opinion though.

I think that if they were gonna put a vehicle in they should have left the overworld how it usually is and then added a submarine for ocean exploration.

I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression.

I don't hate the Adult Timeline games (except for Spirit Tracks), I just don't like where it head vehicle-technology wise (<--- I may have contradicted myself since earlier I said "submarine for ocean exploration", but oh well )

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Traveling by train was far less tedious than with the boat.
I agree it missed the overworld exploration, but I'm sure they will fix that with ST2 for the WiiU.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom