• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you think Skyward Sword should have had more comedy?

Do you think Skyward Sword should've had more comedy?

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I can't decide on that one

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
I think that Skyward Sword should've had more comedy, it had way too much crying and teen drama in it and it should've had maybe a few crying scenes and less teen drama. Even Zelda wasn't a funny character to me, she seemed to be part of the drama more than the comedy. Skyward Sword, to me, doesn't seem as much comedy as it is a soap opera teen drama. There were some bratty behaviors from the characters and excessive use of crying.

I know LOZ doesn't tend to be very comedic, the games usually seem more drama, but Skyward Sword is a story-driven game and focuses more on story than gameplay and adventure like other Zelda games do. Since it is a story-driven game, I think it should've had more comedy, especially since Zelda games tend to be more emotional and if they were to create a story-driven game, it should've had more comedy. Because I prefer comedy more than drama, I don't like a lot of emotions and conflict like in a drama. Though, fiction does need conflict just not to the point of making it a general drama.

Since drama is not my favorite genre, story and character writing in Zelda games is the weakest part of the Zelda games, though the stories can be pretty good, Zelda has a mixture of good and bad characters but I just prefer comedy to drama and Zelda games haven't really been much of a general comedy as I have seen.

Do you think Skyward Sword should've had more comedy and less crying and conflict in it or you like it the way it is.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I mean, Zelda pushing Link off a cliff was funny. Doing it twice was even more funny. Also, Ghirahim's dialogue was pretty humorous, too.

I mean, Zelda pushing Link off a cliff was funny. Doing it twice was even more funny. Also, Ghirahim's dialogue was pretty humorous, too.

I don't think Zelda being a brat and pushing Link off a cliff was funny it was more teen drama. Zelda O-face needs a spanking for teasing Link all the time.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda is actually a pretty comedic series and a lot of the humour is more subtle. I think SS was ok in the humour department and had just enough.

The problems lie elsewhere. With the actual rest of the content of the game. I have listed some of them in another thread.

Zelda is actually a pretty comedic series and a lot of the humour is more subtle. I think SS was ok in the humour department and had just enough.

The problems lie elsewhere. With the actual rest of the content of the game. I have listed some of them in another thread.

The only funny part I remember from OOT was the gorons trying to give Link a hug and Link just ran away from them I was like "Lol, I would feel uncomfortable too if somebody I barely knew tried to hug me. And I don't remember much comedic parts in TP, I'm still playing it, but the only funny part I remember from it was Link's face changing when he saw the giant spider become a smaller spider in the Temple of Time dungeon.. I didn't think the imp girl who talks like she got water in her mouth was very funny in her bratty moments.

The only funny part I remember in BOTW so far was Link using seal puns. I think that's it as far as the humor department in the Zelda games I've played.

The only parts I laughed at in Skyward Sword was Ghirahim sticking his tongue out at Link and doing the funny dance around that biotch Zelda O-face (take that, Zelda O-face!), the blue Loftbird waking up Link , Groose falling on Link and his reaction to being on the surface.

Why do you think SS had just enough humor in it? Most of the game was a teen drama and it became too sappy.

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only funny part I remember from OOT was the gorons trying to give Link a hug and Link just ran away from them I was like "Lol, I would feel uncomfortable too if somebody I barely knew tried to hug me. And I don't remember much comedic parts in TP, I'm still playing it, but the only funny part I remember from it was Link's face changing when he saw the giant spider become a smaller spider in the Temple of Time dungeon.. I didn't think the imp girl who talks like she got water in her mouth was very funny in her bratty moments.

The only funny part I remember in BOTW so far was Link using seal puns. I think that's it as far as the humor department in the Zelda games I've played.

The only parts I laughed at in Skyward Sword was Ghirahim sticking his tongue out at Link, the blue Loftbird waking up Link , Groose falling on Link and his reaction to being on the surface.

Why do you think SS had just enough humor in it? Most of the game was a teen drama and it became too sappy.

OOT like most of the games was full of subtle humour, the Goron hug is an example of overt humour. Examples of the more subtle things would be something like the carpenter saying 'you've got good quality wood there, kid'

Skyward Sword was no different either, in fact it had more overt humour in it than most of the other Zelda games.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Actually, I think Skyward Sword tried too hard to be funny, and as a result, most of the humour is just dull and sometimes childish. Like Deus said, most of the Zelda games insert lots of really subtle humour that some people would get and others wouldn't. This game just shoves it in your face, and the majority of the time fails to deliver at all.

I wish it had more subtle humour like the other games. Some of the best lines of dialogue come from games like Ocarina of Time and even sometimes Twilight Princess.

Actually, I think Skyward Sword tried too hard to be funny, and as a result, most of the humour is just dull and sometimes childish. Like Deus said, most of the Zelda games insert lots of really subtle humour that some people would get and others wouldn't. This game just shoves it in your face, and the majority of the time fails to deliver at all.

I wish it had more subtle humour like the other games. Some of the best lines of dialogue come from games like Ocarina of Time and even sometimes Twilight Princess.

What was so funny about the dialogue in TP? Characters like the water-girl imp (I call the companion water-girl because she talks like she got water in her mouth) came off as annoying and more akin to drama in her bratty behaviors, not funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom