• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Think Nintendo Will Reveal Unseen Tales in Future Games?

I'm sure, because of its odd timeline, then again they needed a better excuse for how Link can remain in his teens for 25 years, we might notice that a lot more has changed or they provide information on events never mentioned in previous Zelda games and when we think they will, they go and do something different.
The best examples I know of are the Dark Tribe, the Hero of Men and Vaati. The Dark Tribe having been referenced in previous Zelda games, IE Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess. Like many I thought they would reveal more of this group in Skyward Sword but it turned out to be one guy reviving his master. At times I wonder if this is ever actually going to get a game or if Nintendo just likes to make connections where it doesn't exist and the Dark Tribe doesn't exist either, meaning theories and Axle's discussions on them are for nothing, its just coincidence that a ton of magicians referred to as tribes attack Hyrule with possessed masks and create evil mirrors that make shadow dopplegangers.
Then there's the Hero of Men, which obviously takes place somewhere between Skyward Sword and Minish Cap. Now that I think about it, maybe the unseen evil this hero, who I assume was an incarnation of Link, was the actual tribe. But I'll discuss that in the theories sooner or later.
Finally, there is Vaati, who I'm sure had something happen between Minish Cap and Four Swords. Namely, how he went from a younger Ganondorf who wanted Zelda's power,
which I assume she received being the reincarnation of Hylia,
to kidnapping maidens because he's lonely and deciding he wanted to make Zelda his bride as the rest of the Four Swords say he did. How do you go from "I just want your power to rule the world and don't care what happens to you" to "I will make you my bride and rule the kingdowm" with a later Zelda? Did he just get lonely in the sword?

Anyway, this is what I'm wondering, will information of things only brought up and not shown like these ever be shown in future Zelda games, or is Nintendo just going to mess with us, showing someone who teleports like Zant and has some similarities to Vaati and causing us to theorize only to reveal he's unaffiliated to either?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
Honestly I'm getting tired of being confused and having so many questions. I would love for Nintendo to provide these answers, whether it's in the form of another game or whatever else. The end o Skyward Sword brought more questions than answers, at least to me. :(

Well, to start with, I'm not convinced Skyward Sword wasn't depicting the Dark Tribe. A number of key elements of the Dark Tribe still match up, even if the group itself isn't what I expected. I'll be going into some more detail on it in an article soon.

Anyway, to answer you question, Zelda games discuss a wide variety of events, many of them created in the first place to tell the story of or otherwise be related to the specific game they are discussed in. Many of these aren't shown, and I don't think they necessarily ever will be. I believe it was Locke who brought this up when I was talking to him on Skype, but he said that Zelda games never cover the backstory of another Zelda game, and he's right. I think this ties back to the fact that while Zelda does have a timeline, it's not concrete nor is it the focus. In truth Nintendo avoids perfecting the timeline because if it was solid, if every connection were to be thoroughly explained, not only would that remove all the fun timeline theorizing for the fans, but it would shift Zelda from being a whimsical fairytale (a legend, really) where every game can be its own thing and they can just focus on the experience, to a more complex world where they have to worry constantly about the lore and every game has to match up perfectly.

That's just not Zelda. Of course Nintendo does touch on events from other games, and prequel games like Skyward Sword do this the most, but I think that the way they leave these things open still is probably a good thing design-wise, even if it can be frustrating at times.

Well, to start with, I'm not convinced Skyward Sword wasn't depicting the Dark Tribe. A number of key elements of the Dark Tribe still match up, even if the group itself isn't what I expected. I'll be going into some more detail on it in an article soon.

Anyway, to answer you question, Zelda games discuss a wide variety of events, many of them created in the first place to tell the story of or otherwise be related to the specific game they are discussed in. Many of these aren't shown, and I don't think they necessarily ever will be. I believe it was Locke who brought this up when I was talking to him on Skype, but he said that Zelda games never cover the backstory of another Zelda game, and he's right. I think this ties back to the fact that while Zelda does have a timeline, it's not concrete nor is it the focus. In truth Nintendo avoids perfecting the timeline because if it was solid, if every connection were to be thoroughly explained, not only would that remove all the fun timeline theorizing for the fans, but it would shift Zelda from being a whimsical fairytale (a legend, really) where every game can be its own thing and they can just focus on the experience, to a more complex world where they have to worry constantly about the lore and every game has to match up perfectly.

That's just not Zelda. Of course Nintendo does touch on events from other games, and prequel games like Skyward Sword do this the most, but I think that the way they leave these things open still is probably a good thing design-wise, even if it can be frustrating at times.

What kind of elements? The only one I noticed is one of the red silhouettes, the one next to Ghirahim, looked like he was wearing mask.

What kind of elements? The only one I noticed is one of the red silhouettes, the one next to Ghirahim, looked like he was wearing mask.
Well, some of them include:

Demise's relationship with Ganon matches up perfectly with the description of the King of Darkness. King of Darkness and King of Demons are seemingly interchangeable, depending on which translation you're using, meaning that Demise has to be the King of Darkness, IE the leader of the Dark Tribe. Ganon inherits his power, so it matches up perfectly. He also commands an army and sought the Triforce, as the Dark Tribe did.

Again, Ghirahim's magic resembles a Twili, and more importantly exactly three of the Light Spirits/Dragons aided in their destruction, which also involved divine intervention, which match the backstory of Twilight Princess. Clearly there are flaws in connecting this, but that's true of any game and I get the feeling they just didn't want to tell the same story as discussed in TP's backstory sequence. I still think it's supposed to match up a bit, even if they're not the same events.

So I think Skyward Sword did cover previous tales a bit, but it clearly could have done more. I still stand by what I said earlier though, in that they don't need to and possibly shouldn't. Either way, them partially covering the Dark Tribe without fully or at least clearly doing so may match up with what I've been saying about them refusing to directly show backstories from other games.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think Nintendo will expand upon the backgrounds of other games, for reasons Axle pointed out (mainly, each game wouldn't be much of a legend if they were all interconnected). There are several tales and events that, in my opinion, could use a nice game to clear up if Nintendo isn't willing to release a manual or anything. JuicieJ will definitely agree that the Seal War deserves a game, the Dark Tribe/Dark Interlopers as much as I hate them do deserve a game, and I'm thinking that Hylia could use a game though she really isn't THAT important to the overall Legend of Zelda.

Again, though, Nintendo doesn't really touch upon backstories of games so I don't expect to see any of it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom