• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you remember to wash your hands?

How often do you wash your hands?

• Always

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Not always

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't have hands, BWWA and I'm offended

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I rarely wash my hands before a meal even though you're supposed to. I low key sometimes don't wash my hands after I pee but I usually do. Always wash my hands after taking a dump.

I've never taken care to wash my hands before a meal, because to paraphrase Riley from The Boondocks, "I know where my hands have been. What are you all doing with your hands that you need to wash them all the time?"

I wash my hands every time after going to the bathroom, and any time I get them dirty. I do not walk around with dirty hands. If I'm not about to wash my hands, then my hands are clean. =P

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I've never taken care to wash my hands before a meal, because to paraphrase Riley from The Boondocks, "I know where my hands have been. What are you all doing with your hands that you need to wash them all the time?"

I wash my hands every time after going to the bathroom, and any time I get them dirty. I do not walk around with dirty hands. If I'm not about to wash my hands, then my hands are clean. =P
Your hands are almost always infested with germs, that's why you should wash your hands before you touch food so you don't put those germs in your mouth.

Your hands are almost always infested with germs, that's why you should wash your hands before you touch food so you don't put those germs in your mouth.
Your entire body is almost always infested with germs. Your body is an ecosystem. There are tons of benevolent and neutral bacteria -- if you somehow purged all bacteria from your body, you would die (people who take antibiotics need to take supplements to rebuild their intestinal bacteria) -- and even if we're strictly talking about harmful ones... a fully-functioning immune system renders small amounts of minor germs largely inconsequential. People who actively avoid germs under every possible circumstance are not building up immunities like everyone else is. You can say it's bad to put those germs in my mouth, but I do it on a regular basis and I rarely get sick. Once a year maybe? Longer, usually.

Also, washing before a meal wouldn't necessarily even help. Many if not most people habitually touch their eyes and mouth without realizing it, so they're getting in your body even if you don't eat.

Just keep your hands clean after touching dirty things. "Ambient" bacteria won't hurt you, they'll just make you stronger.

(EDIT): Incidentally, the mouth is the second-most bacteria-ridden place on your body's exterior, so...

(EDIT 2): I guess I should clarify that a lot of this is variable depending on health. It may well be important to avoid more germs than I do if you don't eat well or have other illnesses, so everyone's different I guess. But still, your mouth will be dirtier than anything that just gathers on your hands without touching bad stuff.

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
Before and after every meal, before and after using the bathroom. Doing otherwise just seems gross to me.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Having contamination OCD means my mind is constantly reminding me to wash my hands. Not only after going to the bathroom, but also before/after touching most objects. So your 'always' option in the poll applies to my whole life. I always remember to wash my hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom