• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Play Skyrim?

S

SpaceOrange

Ok So i just got skyrim, and i was wondering if any of you guys have got skyrim?

1. Tell me when you got the game.
2. Tell me Were you are in the game.
3. Finally tell me are you enjoying the game?

~SpaceOrange

Jonny

When in doubt, mumble.
1: Christmas time
2: I know the person who got me it used Amazon I'm a lever 13/14 Nord warrior
3: Yes, a million times yes. The game is absolutely fantastic so far, I haven't had much time lately though and what time I do have has mostly been going to Zelda. However I have managed to clock a fair number of hours and the game just sucks you in.

[added] I sure that just said "where?" for two (which given the first question was when you got it, I think I may be forgiven for assuming). I don't see an 'edited on...' but I'm sure it just said "where?" and other posters made the same mistake as me... I think I'm going mad 0.o

Last edited:
I have played and rented the game.

1.week after release
2.Block-busters
3.to be honest i found that there was SOOOO much to do that i got bored after an hour or two

Last edited:
1. Midnight launch.
2. If you're asking where I am in the game, I am a level 40 wood elf thief. If you're asking where I got it, I got it from Gamestop.
3. Skyrim is one of my favorite games ever made. My only complaint with it is that it gets too easy after you hit a certain level.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
1. Not sure. I got it a few weeks after release, I suppose.
2. I'm going to take your question at face value and go for where I am. Not very far. Only level 20 but I don't play it terribly often.
3. It's alright. There are games I prefer over it though.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Ok So i just got skyrim, and i was wondering if any of you guys have got skyrim?

1. Tell me when you got the game.
2. Tell me Were you are in the game.
3. Finally tell me are you enjoying the game?

~SpaceOrange
I preordered it from Amazon and started playing it as soon as I was able to after getting it. Though due to a few glitches, I restarted three times. I still love the game though. It's an amazing game. In this playthrough, I have yet to touch the main quest, beyond Dragon Rising, and am focusing on other questlines for now. At the moment I'm level 34 about halfway through the College of Winterhold quests, though not focusing exclusively on them.
I tend to tweak the difficulty level as I go as it does get easier as you advance. So just up the difficulty to balance it.
My single greatest complaint is the number of glitches. Specifically glitches with quests and some of the houses you can buy. This one game has more glitches in it than most series do in all of its games combined. But, then, it is a massive game that dwarfs most others.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1 Christmas
2 Im a level 35 Redguard. 40+ hours of game played. I'm listener for the Dark brotherhood, leader of the Companions and I have completed the main Quest
3 I love the game. It's my favourite game of 2011. I lent it to a friend today so am not currently able to enjoy the game

I preordered it from Amazon and started playing it as soon as I was able to after getting it. Though due to a few glitches, I restarted three times. I still love the game though. It's an amazing game. In this playthrough, I have yet to touch the main quest, beyond Dragon Rising, and am focusing on other questlines for now. At the moment I'm level 34 about halfway through the College of Winterhold quests, though not focusing exclusively on them.
I tend to tweak the difficulty level as I go as it does get easier as you advance. So just up the difficulty to balance it.
My single greatest complaint is the number of glitches. Specifically glitches with quests and some of the houses you can buy. This one game has more glitches in it than most series do in all of its games combined. But, then, it is a massive game that dwarfs most others.

Before I answer the question I'd like to mention that I have experienced NO game breaking glitches, just minor graphical glitches which I don't mind in a game at all. That's the main criticism I hear about Skyrim is its game breaking glitches however I'm very far into the game and haven't experienced any. Furthermore, I have it for the Xbox360 and supposably the console versions are a lot more glitch prone than the PC version. Idk, maybe I'm just lucky I guess.

Anywho...
1. I got it two days after black friday.
2. I'm a level 33 Redguard, however I maxed out smithing and enchanting early on so I could get the best armour and weapons in the game, so my other skills are lack-luster. I've beaten the main story, thieves guild, and I'm gonna start the Dark Brotherhood quests in a few days when I get the time.
3. This game is my favorite game of 2011 and probably one of the best I've ever played. However I agree with the difficulty getting a bit too easy at a certain point, however like someone said before me just up the difficulty and it still should be somewhat of a challenge.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Before I answer the question I'd like to mention that I have experienced NO game breaking glitches, just minor graphical glitches which I don't mind in a game at all. That's the main criticism I hear about Skyrim is its game breaking glitches however I'm very far into the game and haven't experienced any. Furthermore, I have it for the Xbox360 and supposably the console versions are a lot more glitch prone than the PC version. Idk, maybe I'm just lucky I guess.

I've also got the 360 version and I actually encountered two quest breaking glitches. One in the College and one in Windhelm.

I have to say though, I went to the College today and the glitched quest had reset itself. Not sure how but it could be a sign to how other game breaks might go.

octorok74

TETTAC
1. I got on Christmas as a gift from my neighbor.
2. I'm a level 31 Imperial right and the end of the main storyline.
3. I will admit that Skyrim is a great game that reminds me a lot of the Zelda series, but I do have plenty of complaints. i) The shadows are blocky and the snow, rocks, and doors are lacking the outstanding texture that they should have. ii) When you steal an item and get caught, the item should be returned to the owner and should not be gone forever. iii) Too many bugs, plus the fact that I have to save nearly every minute since my pristine game disc can freeze for no apparent reason.

Kazumi

chagy
1. I got the game at the midnight launch on launch day.
2. I am a level 56 Dark Elf, with around 130 hours clocked in the game. I have Sneak, Smithing, Enchanting, Alchemy, and One-Handed at 100 skill level, and have finished all of the main quest lines (Main Quest, Companions, College of Winterhold, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild)
3. I definitely enjoyed the game. In fact, I completely dropped Skyward Sword when I got it and didn't go back to finish it until about a month later. I would HIGHLY recommend the game to anyone who owns a PC/360/PS3.

1. I got on Christmas as a gift from my neighbor.
2. I'm a level 31 Imperial right and the end of the main storyline.
3. I will admit that Skyrim is a great game that reminds me a lot of the Zelda series, but I do have plenty of complaints. i) The shadows are blocky and the snow, rocks, and doors are lacking the outstanding texture that they should have. ii) When you steal an item and get caught, the item should be returned to the owner and should not be gone forever. iii) Too many bugs, plus the fact that I have to save nearly every minute since my pristine game disc can freeze for no apparent reason.

I.) I agree some parts were blocky, but I disagree about the snow. All of the envioronment I think was handled and presented beautifully making me not to want to even fast travel.
II.) Maybe the item was taken as evidence of your crimes :P? Lol being serious though, if you fail to steal something what makes you think that you have the right to get out of jail and try to steal it again lol? Making it dissapear makes sence.
III.) Many have complained about bugs. I have suffered from minor frame rate issues and one crash but that is all. Maybe I'm lucky or something lol, although I will agree the bugs are a problem since it can't be a coincidence that everybody I hear talk about that game has that to complain about. Although, that's the only thing they complain about. The game also autosaves quite frequently so on the rare occasion (atleast for me the rare occasion) it crashes it usually isn't a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom