• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you pay Taxes in Hyrule?

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Is there a tax? Like does The Kingdom of Hyrule collect it a la Roman style or is there a sale’s tax?

Maybe The Gerudo thieve to pay taxes. :D

Goddess Athenaeum

My real name is Athena
Oh I would say so. I don't think they built that castle off of charity, not to mention the armor and weapons. It's true we could chalk a lot of that up to magic in a world like this, but I definitely see the Royal Family collecting taxes.

Goddess Athenaeum

My real name is Athena
I'm kind of just diving into head canon at this point (as we all like to do) but it's interesting to think that by "uniting the kingdom" the Royal Family was able to tax the other groups as well.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
The existence of rupees itself is an indication of existence of tax. If there wasn't a centralized currency, we can assume that each region was autonomous and uses valuable materials in that region like topaz, ruby etc as currency.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
As to the question of whether or not I pay taxes in Hyrule, why yes I do Hyrule tax assessor!

8f8e6690-8a92-47d3-b593-9196bd94b9c3_text.gif

The existence of rupees itself is an indication of existence of tax. If there wasn't a centralized currency, we can assume that each region was autonomous and uses valuable materials in that region like topaz, ruby etc as currency.
That is a good point. Rupees is common currency which makes taxation easier.

Daku Rinku

ZD Champion
Oh man, I feel sorry for the mail deliverer already. Imagine handig all people letters with the urge to pay their debts! I already deliver a lot of tax letters every week. I can sympathize
Be neat if Rito did pay off some people’s taxes in acts of charity. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom