• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Nickname People on Your Phone or Chat List?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
So do you give nicknames to the people you chat or phone with? I have two awful supervisors and I named them Satan and The devil on my phone. I haven't given other people nicknames yet. So what about you?

I give the few people on my call list very generic names such as "Relative A" and "Sibling B," and that's about as far as I'll go. Businesses and such are a bit different, though, as I tend to just refer to them by occupation—simple and clean. Cab Services = Cab, Public Transportation = Bus, Department of Human Services = Place. I don't have that many contacts to begin with, so it's never too difficult to figure out...

octorok74

TETTAC
On my chat lists I usually end up naming people their real names. Easy for me to remember who I'm talking to then. So yeah, simple.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
In some cases I do, yes, but more often than not I just plain go with the person’s actual name if I know what it is.

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
Yep, but not on Skype; its more on my phone. Some of my friends have nicknames that have something to do with their name like Kan-Kan, E-hai, or Nana. Other times they have similar interest or attitude like a video game/anime/Vocaloid/Disney/movie character, like Bom-bob, Galladyl, or Maria. When I cant think of anything, I just put a Japanese ending to a name, like Ennel-san or Spenc-kun.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I do so ALL the time when it comes to Skype.

(Slightly inapropro, but here's a quick example)
2ymbW

Renamed Abi (girl with the bunny pic) as:
Abi the bunny rabbit thing itachi girl

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never nickname people unless their base names are something rather obscene, or if I don't know who they are with the initial screename. I have many Brandons that I speak to, for example, so I name Garo as Garo, for example.

On Skype, I'll usually rename people to their first names if their Skype name is a username of sorts.

Also, Xindi and Oni's name come up as squares so I had to rename them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom