• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you make your own routines?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
For a lot of people, it's hard to function without a set structure. I am one of those people who performs better when I know what I am going to be doing and when I am going to be doing it. Any amount of uncertainty in my schedule makes me feel lost and stuck. I need a routine. I've devised one for myself to keep myself ready for work each day as best I can. Do you guys do similar things?

My routine consists of me showering as soon as I get home from work, eating dinner within the next two hours, making my lunch for work the next day afterward, and then straightening my hair to prepare it for the morning (because its much faster and easier to do my hair in the morning this way), and then being in bed by 9:30. I have to go to bed early because I have to wake up at 6:30 and I can't function with less sleep than that, I literally cannot. Not much time for leisure activity; I barely get a little more than an hour if I'm lucky. Thanks a lot, capitalism!!111 I might get a little more later in the evening depending on how quickly it takes me to do my hair, but that's not very consistent because my hair is a goddamn mess.

I stick to this routine like glue after a lot of trial and error. This is what works best for me to keep me ready. If I stray from this routine I start to fall apart. What about the rest of you? Do you need this kind of structure, or are you able to just do whatever and still function as a responsible adult? (assuming you are a responsible adult.)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I wake up, make coffee, drink coffee, take a shower, brush my teeth, comb my hair, get dressed, make breakfast and eat it. This is the limit to every day routine in my life. I can function for the rest my day without having a set schedule for it.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Wake up, take my morning poo/pee, shower, brush my teeth, put beard oil/beard cream in my beard, style it, brush my hair, get dressed, go to class, come home, eat breakfast/lunch, do homework, once homework is done, I spend the rest of the afternoon having fun until the fiancee comes home, afterwards I spend time with her, and then we have dinner.

More fun continues after dinner, until bed time, and I go to bed with my fiancee.

That's my daily routine in a nutshell. Variations happen depending on the season, the weekday, and such.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
waking up, medication, bathroom, breakfast, coffee if I can make it in time, work, video games, lunch, sitting on computer, probably on ZD, while listening to music, doing whatever creative endeavor I am pursuing at the moment, dinner, video games, shower, sleep, like a clockwork :)

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
I am the very embodiment of routines. I do pretty much the same things at the same times.
I mean, have you seen how long I've been doing the Weekly Sunday Poll here at pretty much the same time every week?
I even have a list of which kinds of chips I like, and every time I go and buy chips, I look at the list to see which kind it's time for. Next time, I buy the net kind on the list, and this goes on until I've finished it, then it loops back around.

I'd be very easy to assassinate XD

Not really. Depends if I'm having a bad day.

On a good day I can get loads of cleaning and tidying etc done. On a bad day I'm the one that needs the cleaning and tidying.

Some days I don't even eat, so I can't even say that's a routine thing.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
At times I make ambitious schedules but i find it very hard to follow it. So making routines arent my kind of thing.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
On days where I have work I wake up at 5am, get out of bed at 5:10am, have a shower and then get dressed and walk to the station to get a train departing at about 5:50am to arrive in the city at about 7am where I will walk to work, have breakfast and start at 7:30am. Work finishes at 3pm and after that my schedule ends and I do whatever I want for the rest of the day which can vary dramatically each day. On weekends the entire day is generally without any schedule. I do think that I could manage my free time better so perhaps implementing a schedule for the rest of the time would be helpful.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i do whatever i feel like doing whenever i feel like doing it for the most part

gotta go with that flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom