• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like Icing?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I apologize if there is a similar and recent thread. I looked, but did not find one.

Hello, my dear darling fellow forum browsers. Do you like icing? You know, for cakes and cupcakes? I don't. I can't eat it. Icing doesn't sit well in my stomach. It never has. The last time I ingested icing, it caused me to vomit. I simply can't eat it. On top of that, I don't even like the way it tastes. It tastes too rich and sugary for me.

What about the rest of you? Do you like icing?

masterSword2

Smile!
I think icing is a good addition to a cake or cupcake, but with or without it, it'll still be good. Sometimes icing can be way to rich and completely ruin it though.

Big Octo

=^)
I usually like icing, but sometimes it can be a bit excessive. If I have too much of it, I get aches. Fortunately, I haven't done so in a while.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes. Somehow, thankfully, my stomach has developed a tolerance to the oftentimes over-sweet and sugary texture of icing. I've found that eating the cake part first and then devouring the icing usually helps to alleviate the resultant aches. And following that up with milk makes the taste even better, as it removes the richness of the icing, while the original flavor lingers on my taste buds.

I'd like it more if people didn't tend to put an excessive amount on the cake and end up ruining it. Less is more, people!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love icing, but I'm a picky eater so it can't be a certain kind of icing. In general, I hate anything lemon (except lemonade, hah), so if you're suggesting lemon icing to me, I'll probably yell at you, run into a corner and start crying hysterically. On the other hand, chocolate ice cream or whip cream-type ice cream is on my list of AAA flavors. Wait, did I say ice cream? I mean icing. ._.

Icing is disgusting. How people eat it, I will never know. Actually, the first time I can remember vomiting was due to ingesting a large quantity of icing. And when I say 'large quantity', I mean an entire cake that was layered in icing. Every last bit was put in my stomach (thinking about it disgusts me). I think my disgust for icing stems from this horrible childhood experience.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Icing is so delicious. It just completes everything, and makes it from oogly moogly to yum eh dee doo. I honestly don't think I would eat any type of sweet without it (cake, cupcakes, ect). I mean, a cake without icing is like the Bible without Jesus. Too soon?

octorok74

TETTAC
I'm fine with icing on cupcakes as long as there isn't much. But as for cake, there is just something off putting about it. That is why I prefer pie.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
icing has never caused me to vomit, but I agree. It is too rich. I like whipped icing and prefer ice cream over cake at b-day parties :)

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
It's the only redeeming quality of the cupcake. The cupcake itself is just bland, tasteless, and falls apart when I try to eat it. The icing adds some sugary goodness to it but unless you eat it a certain way you'll be left with the tasteless bottom; either way, you will still get a ton of crumbs on you.

On cake it's very easy to put excessive icing on it. My dad made a cake for my birthday last month and made this mistake. I could not have stomached it if I had eaten a decent sized piece.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I enjoy some types more than other. Fondant bothers me, but I like cream cheese frostings and homemade ones out of sugar. Bakeries often pile it onto some cakes, and while a tiny bit is ok, I usually end up eating a third or less of it. Too sweet :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom