• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Expect Skyward Sword to Use the Vitality Sensor?

Rofang

Person
Supposing the Vitality Sensor hasn't been scrapped entirely (see article here), do you expect it to be incorporated into Skyward Sword (optionally, I assume)?

Further, what do you suppose the sensor might do if it were incorporated into SS or some other Zelda game? Maybe an extra ability or two that you could only access by relaxing? Concentrate to see hidden secrets or something?

Last edited:
Nah, i think he just wanted to show different ideas a vitality sensor could do in a different type of video game. If they did I'd be surprised, and I'd rpobably use it lol

S

SkywardSword

Shouldn't it be as your heart rate goes up, enemies become easier? You know, less stress, so kids won't go breaking their tv because they died.

I really don't think this will be in SS. Can you imaging playing the game with a sensor on your finger ("almost certain thats how it works") while holding a nunchuk and a remote? It would be too hard to use and not to mention all the motions you do during the game.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
No not at all, they would have demonstrated that on stage at E3 if it had been included. E3 was their chance to showcase the controls. If they decided to surprise us with the VS later then that would have been an awful way to promote your game and wreck sales because people would become daunted by the cost of Wii Motion Plus and the VS. plus I would have expected details, and tons of them if it was the first Wii game to use the attachment. At this point it is highly unlikely... My theory is that the first VS game won't be so action orriented... it will be more calm and relaxing.

Austin

Austin
Oh please, no. That'd make the game inherently unfair to those who tend to have their heart rates climb faster. Not to mention that the concept is ridiculous. Games shouldn't punish you, odds are that if your heart rate is up you're either afraid or have some sort of health problem. If it's the former, you probably don't want your game to become any more difficult. That's what you'd want if the game was boring you to the point where your heart rate was slowing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom