• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Ever Put Challenges On Yourself when Playing the Games You Love?

Topic.

To answer this question myself, I actually do this all the time. The first instance of me doing this is putting the challenge that I can't continue the game unless I beat the first world without dying. This challenge usually only takes effect on Crash Bandicoot games, and those like it.

Another challenge I put on myself is in Kingdom Hearts. I always play on the hardest difficulty, and whenever I'm stuck on the boss I never grind.

But what about you, do you ever put challenges on yourself, just to see if they can be accomplished with your skill?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
remembering that time me and my friend got on people who did self imposed challenges.....and speed runners....and lets playe-ok, anyways

uh I probably have just for quick fun, mostly if I'm experienced w/ a game and can go by it pretty easily, something like when I played MGS3d using only the tranq or non-lethal weapons [unless necessary]

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Not really. For the most part, if I'm playing a game, I'm playing it with no restrictions and just trying to enjoy it throughout. The only time I really impose challenges on myself is when I'm playing a game for the umpteenth time and I want to spice things up (i.e. 9 day challenge on Pikmin, 8 day challenge on Pikmin 2, 1 cycle completion and 3 cycle 100% for Majora's Mask).

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I rather tend to roam aimlessly if I don't have something to challenge me both irl and in games. Some of my memorable self challenges are:
time trials in MKWii,
Lightning round in Skyward Sword,
All star coins in Super Mario bros.
Currently I'm obsessed about unlocking Rosalina! Rosalina! Rosalina! in MKWii.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Yea, sometimes, but only after I've mastered them.

I had this Megaman Battle Network 4 game in the GBA, and I had a New Game 68 on it. Well it was actually 68 on Blue Moon and 27 on Red Sun, so I guess it was a New Game 95 technically.

I started making crazy challenges to see in how many ways I could beat the game so I'd use normal chips-1 only, nothing equipped on the navi customizer, etc. Best challenge was playing it with the GBA upside down lmao.

The Blue Moon save corrupted itself which is super sad tho, can we get a F in the chat

I've done an SBQ in Pokemon, and a 3 heart master mode BotW run (that was actually really fun).
I guess maybe picking the random character option in smash bros vs a high CPU difficulty too.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Only with Pokemon normally and usually I try to use mons I have never used before or it's been a while.

I do want to try and speed run TP in preparation for if I were to attend a marathon someday. I need a better job first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom