• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Engage in Stimming?

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Legend
the current thread name is discomforting

the most "stimmy" thing I do is like, claw my fingers and then flap my hands really quickly. It causes a really unusual sensation in my fingertips that I can't describe (so you should try it right now)
it acts a bit like a pressure release valve ig for when I'm feeling too amped up and can't do anything particularly productive
I used to play with my hair a lot by like, taking a lock and sticking a pencil through it and twisting the pencil (must've looked weird to classmates)
and I pace a lot a lot
Well the original thread name was "Do You Engage in Self-Stimulating Behavior?"

Which has... not the right connotation, that's what he was addressing.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
tbh when i hear the word stimming the first thing i think of is starcraft

Yeah. The main thing is bouncing my leg a lot, but I'll also hum the same note repeatedly (with short pauses) and crack my knuckles fairly often, along with rocking back and forth and finger flicking sometimes. Didn't really think of spinning thing as stimming before, but I definitely tend to spin pencils and similarly shaped objects around my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom