• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do you behave differently online?

Ninja

Well well well
A couple of messages in the SB sparked my interest. Do you behave any differently in person versus how you act online? Internet gives pretty much everyone a mask to hide behind, and it can definitely be scary sometimes.

For myself, I’m pretty much the same whether it’s in person or here online. I’m generally laid back, always trying to be positive, and always willing to have a good time as life is too short to be so negative. I also maintain some dark humor as well, however I do have to test the waters in person more because you never know how someone will respond until you get to know them.

Definitely, I am far more vocal about every aspect in my life than I am when I'm not on here. I would say more, but let's try to keep things clean here.

I'm not sure. I behave slightly differently between different friend groups, on or offline so I don't think it's being online that's really the factor here so much as it is the different culture, humor and social constructs of each group. My online groups are a little more memey so I act more memey as a result. But in general I don't think I behave much differently. I'm not really good at putting on like facades or anything to really change my demeanor. I'm pretty honest to others about who and what I am, I think.

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I would say I am. In real life, I'm rather stoic. I don't really show a lot of emotion, I'm really quiet and I just shy away from conversation. Whereas with the internet I am more talkative, more open, more willing to show emotion, etc. Basically, I act like myself on the internet, and I more or less hide it away IRL. Part of it just has to do with typing out what I say versus having to talk to say what I want. In general, I just hate talking and so I don't really say much, but when I type I'm able to really think through what I want to say, construct things in a way I know makes sense and be as detailed as I want or need to be. Part of it is also comfortability. I feel more comfortable to be myself on the internet, whereas with real life I kind of just don't have that comfort. Obviously I'd like if there was no difference and I was more myself IRL but I don't really know if or when that'll happen.

Depends on where online. Most places, I'm generally pretty formal, but in some I act a little uh.. immature I guess. When I'm around 2-3 people, I'll be more relaxed (as long as I know them) and more likely to laugh and joke around.

I'm still practically mute irl, so any interactions online are a stark contrast to what's normal from me.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm basically the same. The only thing is that I can talk more about things I don't talk about that easily in real life. Because it's written words and not spoken. So that makes it easier. My fiance says that I've a wall around me and don't show my emotions that often. When you're on the internet it's easier to type about some subjects rather than talk in person. But besides that I'm the same here and in real life

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
More talkative and a lot less stuttery as I can actually think about what I want to say in the moment instead of having to respond immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom