• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do the Cursed Bobokoblins Evolve into Redeads?

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
My theory is, Do the Cursed bobokoblins in SS turn into the redeads? The bobokoblins do jump on you and eat your brains, and happen to be zombies... so, What's your idea on this?

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
redeads and cursed bobokoblins are 2 completely different species from completely different parts of the time line i think after demise was sealed they went extinct. plus nintendo always uses brain eaters :)

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
First, ReDeads are more humanoid than bokoblin. Also, their attack methods are different. The bokoblins will attack in large groups in a frontal assault while the ReDeads scream and paralyze you and are usually only one or two in an area.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I highly doubt it. Just because their actions are very similar to one another, does not necessarily mean they're related. Besides, the ReDead is much more humanoid than a Cursed Bokoblin, further proving their relation by evolution is almost impossible. I personally see the Cursed Bokoblin and the ReDead as two very separate enemies.

For something to evolve, it has to have the capacity to do so. Since we're dealing with something dead that has been brought to life by a curse or what have you, it doesn't have any capacity to evolve, as it's dead. The only way that it could evolve is if something gave it the ability to do so. Redeads if I recall are little more than constructs of magic created by Ganondorf, and Cursed Bokoblins are, well, cursed.

Aka "No, it can't."

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
According to the ReDead Trophy in Super Smash Bros Melee ReDeads were conjured up with evil magic, while Cursed Bokoblins are actual zombies of once-living Bokoblins. Having similar attack patterns is not enough of a reason to suggest any relation.

According to the ReDead Trophy in Super Smash Bros Melee ReDeads were conjured up with evil magic, while Cursed Bokoblins are actual zombies of once-living Bokoblins. Having similar attack patterns is not enough of a reason to suggest any relation.

Yes, that's where I recall that information myself. :) SS was full of mythology gags, but that wasn't one of them. I doubt there is any sort of relation myself. :P

Well, since Demise made Bokoblins, and he didn't make ReDeads, I highly doubt it. ReDeads are more humanoid, and less, well, stupid looking. Plus, ReDeads are dead (and cursed) HYLIANS, and Cursed Bokoblins were made of dead and cursed BOKOBLINS. Simple.

Yeah, I don't think they would evolve or have the need to. ReDeads are dead anyway, so I doubt any kind of evolution had led to them becoming ReDeads. The Cursed Bokoblins are just that IMO, cursed. I don't think Cursed Bokoblins are dead.. They were cursed in some manner, making them mindless, harder to kill and more determined to destroy anything.

Plus, ReDeads are dead (and cursed) HYLIANS

Where did you find this information? Last I checked, they were constructs of magic given a humanoid appearance. They were never Hylians, nor were they cursed, as they are a curse in and of themselves.

Yeah, I don't think they would evolve or have the need to. ReDeads are dead anyway, so I doubt any kind of evolution had led to them becoming ReDeads. The Cursed Bokoblins are just that IMO, cursed. I don't think Cursed Bokoblins are dead.. They were cursed in some manner, making them mindless, harder to kill and more determined to destroy anything.

The only way something can evolve is if it were either alive or its creator gave it that capacity. Neither is alive, therefore... no. :P I do agree with the rest of this, though.

It doesnt seem as if ReDeads have any specific goals or will, they wander aimlessly or just sits/stands at specific locations. But they do have some level of human emotions. If a ReDead dies others will gather around it and mourn.
(maybe someone mentioned it already^^ sorry if thats the case)

We're discussing an enemy in a world of Goddesses and Golden powers. Real life limitations don't apply to things like this. Hence why a group of fish people can apparent evolve into birds within a very short space of time.

Actually, it does. Zoras were given the capacity to change and adapt (aka evolve), as were the other creations of the Goddesses. I agree it doesn't have to make sense, but just saying 'it's a fantasy game' isn't really much of an excuse, either. :P The key difference is that one is alive, the others are either dead, cursed, or were never alive at all. The evolution of everything else in the games doesn't have to follow conventions, since as you stated, it's a different world and follows different laws. I'm saying that it has to be able to change/evolve in the first place. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom