• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do People Guess Your Age Correctly?

Can people guess your age? Do people tend to think that you're older or younger than you actually are? Why do you think so?

People tend to think that I am much younger than I am. I'm 23, but I am always mistaken as 18/19 years old, even if I let my beard and moustache grow out; though the youngest I've heard was 17. It's very seldom that someone thinks I'm older than my actual age, but this one time someone thought I was, like, 30 years old. Weird. I dunno why people can't seem to get it right—perhaps it's my 'youthful' appearance, or perhaps it's my personality (lolnot, seeing as I don't have one).

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
The vast majority of the time people think I'm younger than I am. I'm 24, but people usually think I'm 17 or 18 (sometimes I get 20 or 21). I have a very young-looking complexion, and I've grown to really like it. It means I don't age as much as others do, and I'll still be good-looking into my 50's and hopefully even 60's. My parents have some really good genes.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I don't really give people the opportunity to guess my age, that's just an insult waiting to happen, but the few times we've had the "What age do I look?" sort of conversations with random people most of them manage to hit the nail on the head most of the time. I don't always get ID'd when buying stuff you usually need ID for these days so I guess that's a good an indication as any!

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
Given that I'm only 5'1" and weigh 90 pounds, people never guess my age correctly. I still get asked if I want a kids menu when we got out to eat. I'm 18 so this really annoys me. I know it's something that will be good for me when I'm older, but right now it's super annoying. I've been told that I look like I'm 12. I've also been told that I look like I'm 13 or 14. Let me give some examples in picture form.

Me when I was 13:
re0nGBh.jpg

Me today in Starbucks (the lip ring is fake):
P8Lk7FE.jpg

There's definitely a difference between ages, but apparently people don't know the difference between a teenage and tween. *sighs*

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
People always guess my age much younger than I am. When I was 12 or 13 people always thought I was 16 or 17 because at that time I was already fully grown in heigth. My mom said I had her gens and people would later guess my age younger and she was right. When I was 18 people guessed it right but when I was 20 people thought I was 17. And this always has been the case ever since. Always the younger guess. I don't really mind. You are as young or old as you feel or behave

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I'd say I look right around my age (18-21 range to be more specific).

I've had a lot of different views on my age from people who don't know initially. I've had people who thought I was slightly younger and some who thought I was slightly older. Facial wise I wouldn't say I look old, but I have the build of a man, so that's probably why I get a range of different views. Also usually people can just guess my age by the way I dress (young adult trends and whatnot). You can easily tell how old someone is from the way they dress, in my experience anyway.

キラ

Yo!
People always think I'm younger. Always. No one ever guesses my age and gets the correct answer. Some people say I have a baby face. Maybe I do, I don't know. ^^ People usually say I look 15! What do you think my age is?

17D2u12.jpg

at7vdue.jpg

(Sorry for the crappy quality on this one.)

I'm 19. Maybe you thought I was 19 but no one else ever guesses 19. Well, I have never grown any facial hair except for my peach fuzz mustache - which I got very recently. Is there something wrong there?

I imagine there's a fair number of people who think I'm younger than I really am (19), on account of how short I am (5' 2"). For instance, during the weekend my local shopping mall doesn't allow anyone younger than 18 to wander around after 5 o'clock without the accompaniment of an adult, and I've been asked for ID a few times. Other than that I don't have much to go by because people don't ever make comments about my age, really. (Although people do mistake me to be female a lot, but that's for another thread.)

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
People think I'm only a few years older than I really am based on how I look. I'm only 20 and people guess around 23-25 most of the time. I've told some people that I'm that young and they give me this wide-eyed look, especially when I get a new co-worker and I tell them I've been at my job for a year and a half. They're just like "how is that even possible? :O" XD Not sure if its a compliment or not, but I don't mind looking more mature, cuz that's how I act...most of the time :rolleyes:

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
No one really guesses my age correctly, since I act mature for my age and I'm tall for my age. They all think I'm older than what I really am. People always think I'm around 14-18, when I'm actually 13 right now. But I don't really know if I should accept them as compliments or not.

Sheik

:the:
Normal height. Normal weight. Normal appearance. Normal everything.

People are usually correct when guessing my age, as you can probably infer.

A few years ago, before I actually got close to average height, people always thought I was younger than I was. Now, people assume that I'm somewhere in the 15-16 range, which is correct.

Skunk

Floof
When I was in sixth grade, I went to an art museum and the receptionist thought I was a college student. So no, people don't guess my age correctly. Now I guess it's a bit closer, seeing that I'm almost in my second year oh highschool, but generally people think I'm 18-20-something.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Not really. But I don't blame them for struggling. When you have a round face it's harder to guess your age, because you can look older and younger at the same time. Tho people tend to guess I'm mid-twenties, and I turn 30 in just 2 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom