• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Digging Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Is there any special trick or secret to find the heart piece location in the digging game at the Outcast Village easier, or is it simply a matter of eventually getting lucky? It's the last piece that I need to get all 20 hearts and I want to get it before finishing up the game for a 100%, but I keep playing and playing it to no avail. Thankfully I usually get all my 80 rupees back, so it's only patience that I'm running out of.

Fierce

Deity Link
Here's my tip since it's really all luck:

- Come with a full giant's wallet.
- Best chance right after you learn the sun's song
(Can't confirm this but I really think it seems that way
- Dig only in the dirt patchs
> Seems obvious but some don't know this.
> Don't dig in the same spot consecutively since it resets only after he walks.

Well, good luck man. The best advice I can give is to have patience!

Lol, jk that's OOT.

If you are using a computer program try saving state, other than that its all luck. :P

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
That's what I was afraid of, lol :facepalm: Thanks everyone :) I said to heck with it for the time being and went ahead and did Ganon's Tower, but I'm about to try to get it again before I head to the final showdown, regardless of how many tries it takes. I don't want to get this close to a 100% and not make it due to giving up on trying to get a heart piece that I know how to get.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
All I do is randomly dig. However, what I think is the best idea is to pick a spot (I go for the NE corner) and dig all around there every time. The game will eventually stick the heart piece back there and as long as you don't switch, you'll eventually get it.

All I do is randomly dig. However, what I think is the best idea is to pick a spot (I go for the NE corner) and dig all around there every time. The game will eventually stick the heart piece back there and as long as you don't switch, you'll eventually get it.
Math says the chance for both tactics to hit the random spot are the same :)

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Depends on what kind of math you use.
If you used advanced statistics the probability will exponentially grow along a curve graph. It will never reach 100% (meaning it's not guaranteed) but it will always get closer (meaning the longer you stick to it the more likely it will be to find it).
shallowlearningcurve.jpg
Just found this on the internet, but it's this kind of graph.

Epona

Ordon Village
It took me 18 tries once to get that blasted heart piece!!!! I just played it this week though and it took maybe 7 or 8. I managed to escape with more rupies than I started with, somehow... :clap:

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Keep trying, you'll get there someday ;).
But you do know after the game is over that you can still keep digging? It happened to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom