• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Like the Imprisoned?

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I hated him. The Imprisoned was a hard and boring boss. The music was good, but the boss was HORRIBLE!!!!!:bleh:

I've only done it once, and it was fun and scary at the same time, but I'm not looking forward to doing it again, as I can see how it would get repetitive

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I didn't mind him the first time, but The Imprisoned became a vexation the second I realized I had to stop him from reaching the same goal two more times, on the same battlegrounds. To be perfectly honest, he could be the worst boss I've ever gone up against.

The conceptional design of this boss was rather humorous and preposterous. I mean, if you take a step back it looks like a brown pineapple with droopy arms, dinosaur legs, a sweeping tale, a gaping maw of pearly whites, and eventually that dark halo thing it uses as "wings". It's not very frightening in thought. But The Imprisoned was a slow rampaging monster with only a few soft spots: its toes. As much as the concept design seems laughable to me, this one really takes the cake. It's like I have to hack at his feet to relieve them of toejam, and that cleanliness causes him to faint.

The only fun moments of the fight were being launched from the Groosenator to his head, or better yet setting up aerial strikes with the bombs to bring him down. Other than that I hated having to go around him. That incensed my aversion to this boss and begrudge the scenario even more that it's mandatory to fight those three times. Also, three times is bad enough, but six in all if you count the Lightning Boss Round is worse by far.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
The imprisoned was a great edition to the Zelda universe. It provided a great Story element. The first fight with the Imprisoned was unique. Sadly the second fight was very difficult and annoying. The third fight, I liked. The Thrid fight was much more unique and I had fun using the Grooseinator.

Although the execution of the boss battles could have been better, the Imprisoned was an interesting take on the traditional franchise formula. The first boss with the Imprisoned was easy as pie, the second was a pain to stop from reaching the Sealed Temple, and the third was intriguing with Groose's assistance. Woo! Groosenator!

My biggest grip with the format of the battles was that there was too minor a difference between the second and third battle and they were nearly back to back with some minor filler in between. All in all, however, the Imprisoned helped create an atmosphere of suspense especially during its final moments in that form when Ghirahim offers Zelda (Hylia) as a vessel to revive his master, Demise.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
....No....Not at all, the first time he looked a little frightning but squish toes slash over and over agian was very agravating, they really overused ghriraham and imprisoned in boss battles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
As Groose describes him he is nothing but a flabby sack of teeth. I think he looks silly and non-threatening. The only intimidating thing is that he is 50 feet tall and can squash you.

All of this, really. The Imprisoned could've been better, he really could've. I don't know what Nintendo was doing when they finalized the design for him, but I guess it doesn't matter.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
If only you didn't have to fight him 3 times...
Time 1: Interesting
Time 2: Dafuq why iz he haz armz?
Time 3: fufufufufuufuufufufufuufufufu... At least the final phases of this one are easy.

SPOILER!

I was very happy when you land an Island on him near the end of the game. TAKE THAT, PUNK!

I really got tired of fighting him by the end of the game. It would have been much less annoying if you only had to once or twice. That being said he is also not a very fun boss, but it was certainly tolerable. Less afraid of him, more annoyed by him.

Linksister82

Setterwind
It gives me the shivers. It's so big. I don't know...it just creeps me out. I kind of think that is what it is supposed to do though so it's great in that regard I reckon.

I really did not like the Imprisoned.
I found it tedious and annoying having to battle him so many times, I feel the time used fighting him could've been used in sooo many different ways to make the game better. Also, the whole style of battle with him also irked me.
What really bothered me though is that I really just didn't like him or Demise story-wise either; I really feel they just fell out of no where. All of a sudden we have this huge villain not even hinted at in other games? It's really bugging me, I'm curious to see if they'll ever refer back to the Imprisoned/Demise in future games.

Z

Zeldafangirl199

Ugh those were the most annoying sequences ever. The first time was fine. I always thought he looked weird. And it just got so annoying. So no I did not like the imprisoned.

I found the Imprisoned to be a pain by the end, especially its final phase. Being trampled many times over grew especially tedious. Conversely, I found it to be pretty decent throughout, particularly its first and second phases.

I find it interesting that it is required to be defeated many times at different points in the game's plot. This quintessentially means that Demise's battle (seeing as the Imprisoned is his "sealed form") spans the course of the entire game. If memory serves, this sort of thing has never been done in the series - a quality that makes Skyward Sword unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom