• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Know...?

Did you know...

To bump a thread on an internet forum is to post a reply to it purely in order to raise the thread's profile. This will typically return it to the top of the list of active threads. It has been suggested that "bump" is an acronym of "bring up my post"; however, this is almost certainly a backronym and the usage is entirely consistent with the verb "bump" which means "to knock to a new position". It can also be used in personal messages (PMs) or instant messages (IMs) on the Web, to return an older message to the top of the list.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Did you know that, in a recent poll done by Memebase, the Bronies, and My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is now considered the most popular meme?

Don't believe me?

Here.

Although I am a brony, I find it astounding that MLP FiM beat the Troll Face, Nyan Cat, AND Leeroy Jenkins on its way to the top.

I do now.
Did you know that there is no such thing as the "speed of sound"? Sound travels at different speeds depending on the temperature and the materials around it.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Well, technically , sound waves do have speed. They just don't have a constant speed that never varies. But, yes, I knew that.

Did you know that, in Japan, is it considered a romantic gesture to share your umbrella with someone else? That's often why you may see two names under an umbrella with a heart on top drawn in places (which is similiar to a heart drawn with initials in the center.)

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
It does give you that right, but there are just other laws that constrict this right, like requiring a license. You can still own guns however. Without the amendment, you wouldn;t be able to own guns, period. It's bascially like arguing that the first amendment to the Constitution does not actually allow freedom of speech because school, airports and television can censor things that are said. The amendment allows it, but for various reasons, there are laws/ situations were this freedom is constricted.

Regardless, I knew that already.

Did you know that when Action Comics No.1 introduced Superman, he didn't have the power to fly. Instead, he got around by leaping around from building to building.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom