• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Did You Ever Breed a Shiny?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So, did you?

I did, twice, I think, in HG and using the Masuda method: An Absol that I traded today for a Keldeo, and a Charizard, which I gave away.

I'm planning on breeding shinies after I finish HG again. I'm looking for a female Nidoran, maybe a Ponyta, and perhaps, when I get a Bagon, a shiny Bagon wouldn't be bad.

If you are after a shiny let me know, maybe I can breed one for ya.

--Edit--Now that I remember, I also bred a shiny Larvitar in Black 2. So that brings my total to 3. :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I did by accident. A togepi. I was trying to get a female of a specific nature and a specific ability. I had so many bad eggs I started systematically releasing them. I nearly released the shiny one too, until at the last minute I noticed the star on its info page and just kinda...flailed for a few minutes at how close I came to letting it go lol.

I did eventually get that female modest serene gracer, but it took me longer to get that than it did to get a shiny. That will never stop amazing me.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I did by accident. A togepi. I was trying to get a female of a specific nature and a specific ability. I had so many bad eggs I started systematically releasing them. I nearly released the shiny one too, until at the last minute I noticed the star on its info page and just kinda...flailed for a few minutes at how close I came to letting it go lol.

I did eventually get that female modest serene gracer, but it took me longer to get that than it did to get a shiny. That will never stop amazing me.
Wait what...? You can actually tell whether an egg's content will be shiny by that star thingy? I didn't know that, but yet again, I don't know many things. :P

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Nah man it was after I hatched it. I was checking for a specific gender/nature/ability combo why would I release an egg before hatching it lol. I guess I worded that funny. I was hatching them by the boxfull, and releasing them by the boxfull. Shiny togepi looks unfortunately similar to normal togepi, so I almost released it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Nah man it was after I hatched it. I was checking for a specific gender/nature/ability combo why would I release an egg before hatching it lol. I guess I worded that funny. I was hatching them by the boxfull, and releasing them by the boxfull. Shiny togepi looks unfortunately similar to normal togepi, so I almost released it.
Oh I see, lol sorry about that, tis was me who got confused. I was beginning to feel stupid thinking that (all this time) you could actually tell if an egg's content was going to be shiny or not through the way you mentioned: the star. But thanks for letting me know, otherwise I'd be like checking every damn egg hence forth. And yeah, lol, why would you release eggs before hatching them. :P

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I bred a shiny female Ralts one time in Platinum. I was so happy! The nature was perfect on it too! It was a Modest natured shiny female Ralts that liked to run. I named it Myricle, pronounce as Miracle, only with different letters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom