• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skyward Sword Did Anyone else Do This?

In the Ancient Cistern, there's the room with the door where you have to hit the 4 switches in the secret order. To find out this order you have to observe 4 areas of the buddha statue.

On my first playthrough of the game, I didn't realise that you had to observe the buddha statue. Instead I just went straight to the door and kept guessing the secret order until I got it right. Did anyone else do this?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
iirc I either did that or looked it up because the clue was too ambiguous (what's the difference between "back" and "rear"? I wasn't thinking along the lines of anatomy at the time.)

Uh... yes and no. I didn't notice the statue--I don't even think I saw it because I didn't go that way yet--but I didn't necessarily guess at random, either. I just tried using the "dungeon order" from the Temple of Courage from Phantom Hourglass because I'm a happy little derp and that's how I roll. And it just so happened to be the same order.

tumblr_inline_nd4stepCex1rrouse.gif

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I did. I just swung in every direction until I got it right. Come to think of it, this was my whole experience in Skyward Sword.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I had no idea the marks were even there until a month ago. I played the game three or four times and every time just swung like a madman until I got it.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I actually saw the markings on the statue, so I got the sequence that way, though based on other experiences in Zelda, I'm sure hacking and slashing would provide the same results. :P

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Well, I saw the message about the order first. But I tried it at random for a bit anyway, and didn't get it. So, I went and looked at the statue markings. And, like Locke, I confused "back" and "rear", so it took even more guesswork after that. On replays, though, I usually just hit it randomly until the order clicks in my mind instead of bothering to check the order again.

Naw, I figured that one out the right way. my natural curiosity led me to find the little clues before i reached that door. Wrote them down on a bit of paper because that isn't an unheard of thing do to for someone my age who played games when they were younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom