• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Derp Moments

You asked your mom for help on a video game? Man, you mustve been REALLY desperate lol.

I sure was :p
But especially with this puzzle where you needed to think out of the box, she was the right person to ask.

Its actually really funny right now im like 15 so when phantom hourglass came out i was like 6 and it was like one of my first zelda games and one of my first video games in general beside ocarina of time which was my big brothers and never beat by myself till i was like 10 so when i got to that puzzle i was stumped so i just stopped playing the game for like 2 years and i figured out the puzzle when i was 8 and replaying the game now i feel like a complete idiot.

I know what you mean. My first Zelda was Link's Awakening and when I played it as a kid I remember not understanding anything. All the holes in the ground, the maze-like overworld. I remember not getting past the first dungeon. I guess that English not being my native language was part of it too, not understanding a word of everything in the game because I was so young.

But when I played it a year ago (I'm 18 now) it was a so damn easy.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I just remembered! In ancient cistern, where you have to turn the lily pad on top of the water jet over with the whip and jump across...I went up that water jet without turning it over like 50 times. And I searched every nook and cranny of that room. And every time I went up the water jet I was sent back down and I wondered why it wasn't working. I felt like an idiot.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
It's not a good idea to test out the Iron Boots in the Arbiter's Grounds people. Yeah, you die if you step in the quicksand. God did I feel like a derp.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I spent over an hour in Skyview Temple because I was an idiot and didn't see that log there... You know what I'm talking about? It's the part where you have to raise the water level twice, so that the log can float upward and give you a platform to jump off of an reach the vines. I figured the water thing out just fine, and I knew that the Small Key HAD to be across the room in the chest I could see from the other side, but I wandered back and forth between the two rooms over there, trying to figure out how to get to it, because for some reason raising the water level didn't scream at me "HEY MAYBE SOMETHING IN THE WATER WILL HELP YOU REACH THERE."

EDIT: So... I just realized I have a lot of these. And I mean... A LOT.

For example, in Majora's Mask, during the Goron section of the Moon Child room, I was stuck forever because I couldn't do the "roll and bounce off the obstacles" thing. I looked it up and then realized that the way to get through it was just not move the analog stick in any direction. I was also stuck for forever on the way to Snowhead because I didn't have bombs and for some reason getting them at the Bomb Shop must have seemed absurd. Oh, and let's not forget that time in FSA where I made the perfectly logical conclusion that getting the Power Bracelet meant you could move graves, not GIANT TREES.

I know there are more, but that's all I've got off the top of my head.

Last edited:

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
So using the infinite bottle glitch in OoT is a bad idea if you accidentally make your bow a bottle. And don't save or it'll hurt you later when your bow is a bottle. Man, I'm such a freakin' idiot!

When I was 8 or so, in OOT I didn't know that the eye-switch in the Forest Temple could be reversed by hitting it with an arrow again. I thought once you straightened the hallway you had to turn the game off and back on to twist it again.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
When I was 8 or so, in OOT I didn't know that the eye-switch in the Forest Temple could be reversed by hitting it with an arrow again. I thought once you straightened the hallway you had to turn the game off and back on to twist it again.

LOL

When I was playing Ocarina of Time the first time, I didn't know that you had to shoot that eye switch in one of the rooms in the Deku Tree. I spent like a half hour trying to figure out what to do, I traced my steps back, I tried jumping to the other side in the basement. I fave up and searched for a walkthrough.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
When I played Skyward Sword I kept thinking you had to use the dungeon items against Ghirahim, you can guess how that turned out.

I was playing one of the 2D games (I think it was LA) When ever you run into a locked door with a key it unlocks automatically. Well when I play MC you have to press the A button. I didn't realize that at the time and got stuck in the 1st dungeon for like ten minutes because I never pressed A.

Also when I finally got to Dark Link in the Water temple. I thought you had to fight him by ending a sword combo with a trust and I thought my game was glitched when he would just stand on it. So I got killed and tried again, my Z button got stuck so I started fight him with out it. Not only did it hit him, I accidentally pressed Dins fire and sent him flying and I was like, really?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
XD That sounds like me in The Wind Waker! I was pretty young at the time, too. The brightness was turned WAY down on our TV back then, and it caused problems for numerous games. So despite Tetra's best efforts to hint that there was a hidden way out of the jail cell in Forsaken Fortress, my sister and I couldn't find it because it was so dark, and the only way we ever got out of that cell was by saving and turning off and back on the game.

EDIT: Oh, and I thought of another one! Zurriel's comment about not pressing A due to the controls in another game reminded me of it. I played LA before the Oracles, so when I wanted to save in Oracle of Ages for the first time, I naturally thought that it would be the same way as in LA DX. You press all buttons there to save. However, APPARENTLY doing that in Oracle of Ages instead restarts your game. So I lost all of my progress instead of saving like I'd hoped.

Salem

SICK
When I played Skyward Sword I kept thinking you had to use the dungeon items against Ghirahim, you can guess how that turned out.
Happened to me as well, it was a pleasant surprise actually. :xd:

I was playing one of the 2D games (I think it was LA) When ever you run into a locked door with a key it unlocks automatically. Well when I play MC you have to press the A button. I didn't realize that at the time and got stuck in the 1st dungeon for like ten minutes because I never pressed A.
They just HAD to add more of the mundane 3D Zelda things to the 2D games.:dry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom