• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Den of Trials

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
Just finished the Den of Trials DLC in single-player. It's a bit rough, but it's all battle-based, so that makes it easier to predict.

You start with 1 Fairy. Every 4 floors you complete, you get a random (common) treasure and another Fairy. There are 40 floors in all, with 5 floors for each of the worlds (the fifth is the treasure/Fairy room). You cannot change outfits between floors or "worlds". The nice thing is that after you finish a set of floors, your progress is saved and you can start from there instead of starting over from the beginning. I'm not entirely sure how that works - I only used 2 Fairies, and finished with 7. I would imagine you start once again with 1 Fairy if you begin at a later "world", so it might be more useful to start earlier on to get more Fairies.

Some of the enemies are common, but some are "dark" versions of their common counterparts. "Dark" enemies can use their projectiles to jinx you, which is as bad as it sounds - you can't use your sword or your stamina items. It wears off after a while, but it's a pain trying to avoid the swarms while you're waiting. The "dark" enemies also do twice as much damage.

There are no bosses... until Floor 39.

Floor 39 has you facing against 3 Dark Links. Dark Links do double damage and jinx you if they hit you. They each have a stamina item that's powered-up as if they're wearing an outfit that boosts it. I'm not sure if it's the same 3 items each time; I faced Boomerang, Hammer (that sucked), and Water Rod (that didn't do anything). Thankfully, if you're using the Sword Master Outfit like I was, your sword swipes and spin attacks extend beyond the reach of their swords, so it becomes much more manageable.

Once you finish Floor 39, you advance to Floor 40, where you get a much better treasure and a new outfit!

The Fierce Deity Armor does not have to be created - you automatically get it for clearing the Den of Trials. It shoots 4 beams each time you slice or perform a spin attack. Looks cool, too, which is to be expected.

Anyway, that was my experience. Post your thoughts here, particularly about the boss. Also, if anyone wants help clearing the Den of Trials, I would be glad to try and help.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Sooo...am I the only one who things the FD outfit is...absurdly broken? I mean, this isn't a problem in itself, but I'm mainly annoyed that it's so powerful despite being easier to get than both the Sword Master Suit and the Spin Attack Attire.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
Personally, I found the FD Armor more difficult to obtain. I mean, the other two just require (1) getting someone to lose to you at least 3 times in the arena and (2) losing a mini-game 10 times. The Den of Trials gave me some issues, though admittedly it wasn't as difficult as I had envisioned.

I think I like the range of the Sword Master Suit enough to use it over the FD Armor, but maybe I'll try it out in some levels and see if I change my mind. I still need some materials for the Linebeck outfit, anyway.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
Personally, I found the FD Armor more difficult to obtain. I mean, the other two just require (1) getting someone to lose to you at least 3 times in the arena and (2) losing a mini-game 10 times. The Den of Trials gave me some issues, though admittedly it wasn't as difficult as I had envisioned.

I think I like the range of the Sword Master Suit enough to use it over the FD Armor, but maybe I'll try it out in some levels and see if I change my mind. I still need some materials for the Linebeck outfit, anyway.
Im wondering does the fierce diety suit also have double damage?

DarkestLink

1) That's essentially cheating as far as I'm concerned. You're supposed to do the challenges to get it.
2) Wrong outfit.

DarkestLink

1) Because you're supposed to get it from the challenges.
2) He confused the SAA with the DS.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
(1) I very much disagree - it's legitimate as far as I'm concerned. You CAN do the challenges, but if you can get them another way, why not? It's like the difference between battling Dragons in Final Fantasy IV until you're Lv99 or fighting Zemus' Breath because all he does is "Scan". Why not do the easy way if your goal is simply to achieve that specific objective?
(2) Whoops. My bad. Still, I didn't find it that difficult, but again, I may have bought one of the items or gotten it in the Treasure Game. I suppose that could be considered "cheating" by some people, but again, it's a difference of style and objectives.

Either way, I do plan to finish all of the challenges at some point, but I'd rather have the outfits as easily as possible. It's just my style, I guess. If I get them through an easier way, great. I don't consider myself a cheater for doing so, though.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Huh, I didn't know you could buy those materials without getting them at least once legit. Either way DoT is way too easy. Even with the cheaters get SMS through coliseum, more people have FDA than SMS already.

I found the
Dark Links
a bit difficult in single player. Ended up using bombs on them for the most part. I thought it was fun, but most of it was too easy. I really enjoyed the
Zelda II homage
at the end though!

Do you also have problems with online players in Den of Trials?
I love playing online with other people, but with Den of Trials a lot of people leave as soon as they see they are not going to play the level they want. It's so annoying, you finally have a group and then one person leaves or the groupleader leaves and the whole group is gone and you have to start over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom