• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Demise is the Guy from Street Fighter, Right?

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Well I may have lost my mind, but the Artwork of Demise from Sykward Sword and Akuma from Street Fighter looks pretty much similar.

similarn.png

Is it just me who is thinking they look like brothers? Was something mentioned in an Iwata Asks Interview?

Maybe I'm just the only one here thinking this. But the first time I saw Demise, I was thinking of Akuma from Street Fighter. For me, he don't look like Ganon or Ganondorf.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, Demise is a cross between Akuma and Ganondorf (TP). You can see it all in his facial features :xd:

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Yeah, Demise is a cross between Akuma and Ganondorf (TP). You can see it all in his facial features :xd:

Yes ;D
This is a good explanation. I'm a bit relieved. And you're right, his whole body is a mix of Akuma and Ganondorf. My first thoughts about the similarities Ganondorf and Demise were a bit skeptical.

Pikacondon

Title.
Yes ;D
This is a good explanation. I'm a bit relieved. And you're right, his whole body is a mix of Akuma and Ganondorf. My first thoughts about the similarities Ganondorf and Demise were a bit skeptical.
My thoughts exactly. I immiediately, upon seeing Demise, thought"AKUMA!" but then, the similarities to Twilight Princess Ganondorf show. Overall, Demise looks very interesting. When I get Skyward Sword for christmas, I'll try to investigate him.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Yeah, very nice find! The similarity is really great! And to add to that, this info from Wikipedia: "Akuma (in Japanese, "Devil") known in Japan as Gouki (豪鬼 Gōki lit. Great Demon)" makes it even more interesting, considering that Demise is the leader of the demons.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
There's no doubt that he looks somewhat like Demise. The real question on my mind now, is whether that that was intentional or not. It's possible that the artist had played Street Fighter before and been unconsciously influenced by the Oni/Akuma design in making Demise. Or possibly just had the same idea as that artist.

If you really want to see a character that looks like Ganondorf, though, take a look at Groose. I think he looks like he could actually be the ancestor of the Gerudo, though I wouldn't bet on it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
If you really want to see a character that looks like Ganondorf, though, take a look at Groose. I think he looks like he could actually be the ancestor of the Gerudo, though I wouldn't bet on it.

His features are nothing like Ganondorf's, the eye shape is wrong the face shape is wrong. The only similarity is the hair colour and eye colour. Ganondorf has dark skin a prominent nose and is allot bigger. The Gerudo dragonfly already exists in SS also, so I would not bet upon him being the ancestor of the tribe.

Maybe I'm just the only one here thinking this. But the first time I saw Demise, I was thinking of Akuma from Street Fighter. For me, he don't look like Ganon or Ganondorf.

There is definatley similarities in features between Ganondorf and Demise. The noses are similar (TP Ganon). They have rounded ears(OOT Ganon) Sideburns are similar (OOT Ganon) Allthough TP Ganon has a beard, the chin and jawline is actually the same shape, and their cheekbones are very similar.

Last edited:
I have it in my sig. XD I was saying this from the very beginning.

From my siggy: Below is an alternate look for Oni from Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. The resemblance is uncanny. What I surmise is the only thing they have in common - besides looks - is the fact the they both appear to have been inspired or based off the legendary Oni (hence Oni's name) of Japanese mythos.

23_alt04.jpg

Note, however, I have still noticed Demise's apparent resemblance to Ganondorf, and I know, by SS's plot, that it is intentional. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
My thought exactly, when i first saw this demise guy, i was like WTF...whats Akuma doing in the game. 0.o next thing you know he would spawn hadoukens on you and finish you of with Shun Goku Satsu. Now that would be something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom