• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Delos's Educated Split Timeline Theory

D

Delos

The Legend of Zelda Time line.jpg

The Beginning of the Zelda Timeline:

The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword is officially the first game as far as chronological order goes. It involves the Forging of the mastersword and is the only game to be officially stated to take place before Ocarina of Time. Ocarina of Time ends with Link defeating Ganon and being returned to the past creating an alternate reality where ganon is sealed away before he is able to take control of Hyrule, while the adult timeline is left a baron wasteland with Ganon defeated. This is where the timeline splits.

Adult Timeline:

In the adult timeline I assume that link must have mated with some one during his journey in order to keep his bloodline going in the adult timeline. The only suitable person he could have mated with as an adult would be Malon as all the other women who where interested in him where sages. I assume Ganon returned to life before link's offspring was able to fight him and so the gods/Goddesses flooded hyrule in order to prevent Ganon from ruling the land again, this leads into Wind waker. Link and his sister are raised by there grandmother who i personally think looks and acts like an older version of Malon. Link defeats Ganon and meets Tetra, the descendant of Zelda. The next game, Phantom hourglass is a direct sequel, followed by spirit tracks. What interests me about spirit tracks is that link and Tetra basicly start a new kingdom of hyrule, leaving room for more future games But i personally believe this is where the adult timeline ends for now.

Child Timeline:

Now in the child timeline, Link was returned to his youth and the game leads into Majora's mask. In this game i believe it is possible that link could have Mated with either Saria or Malon sense Saria wasn't a Sage yet and didn't need to become one. But it's also possibility he mated with a character that wasn't shown in the games. at the end of Majora's mask link goes into the forest again and we don't hear from him. The Next game in the series is Twilight Princess.

It is important to remember that sometime between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, The Master sword was moved from the temple of time in Hyrule Castle town to a temple in the lost woods, You should also remember that Hylians who are lost in the lost woods become Stalfos and that Ganon was sealed away in the child timeline before he could rule. Ganon was sealed in the Twilight realm and the Link from ocarina and Majora is more then likely a character called "The Hero's Shade." The Hero's shade teaches link his moves, but thats not all, he said he was the last person to defeat Ganon. He also Carries a sword and shield directly from Majora's Mask, He also calls link "my child" when link completes his last training session with The hero's shade. I personally believe that the Hero's shade is that link and that over a hundred years have passed between Ocarina of time/majora's mask and Twilight Princess. At the end of the game we assume Link returned the master sword to the temple in the Forest. Now we go into what feels almost like a filler at first, The Minish Cap.

A lot of people believe the minish cap was the first game, and now the big rumor is that it's the game directly after skyward sword, but as i explain this segment you will see how that theory can not work. In the Minish cap link adopts an entirely new blade, and there is no mention of Ganon, The master sword, or the triforce. This gives the Minish a sort of filler feeling. In this game Vaati breaks the legendary picori sword so link has to take it to get repaired, To repair it they have to strengthen it by infusing the 4 elements. When link get's all 4 elements into the blade it is renamed the foursword. He defeats the sorcerer Vaati and places the sword in a pedestal. This game is Followed by The legend of zelda: four swords, a bonus game released on the game boy advanced version of a link to the past. In four swords, a new link takes the four sword to defeat vaati in his wind demon form and save the maidens, the game ends as it began, with vaati being once again sealed in the foursword, However four swords was followed by a game called, The Legend of Zelda: Four swords adventures. Four swords adventures took place sometime after fourswords, this time shadow link appeared and kidnapped the maidens and zelda in order to trick link into drawing the four sword and releasing Vaati, link defeats his shadow and Vaati in order to find out the true villain in this game is Ganon. Link defeats ganon and puts the sword away, the important thing, however, is to notice all the connections between four swords adventures and A link to the past. There is room for another game before or after the fourswords trilogy but the point is the trilogy goes perfectly before a link to the past.

Now, in a link to the past the master sword is still where link left it in twilight princess, the forest, but at least a few hundred years have passed and the temple has rotted away, leaving only the sword in the pedestal. After you defeat ganon at the end of link to the past, link returns the sword to it's place in the lost woods, then we go into the oracle games. The oracle games take place after link defeats ganon, I like to put ages before seasons but technically they are interchangeable. after you beat one of these games, you can take a code to continue into the other one with all your items, once you beat the main story of both it leads you into a secret mini story with a secret dungeon, a new boss, and a new fight against ganon, the thing to remember is that after this fight the game's secret ending is link sailing away on a small boat that looks identical to the boat at the beginning of link's awakening, a game originally meant to be a sequel to a link to the past before the release of the oracle games. Link does not officially have the master sword in any of these 3 sequels to a link to the past.

Now link returns to Hyrule in order to find out Ganon is alive and trying to get the triforce again, He is given the Magic sword by an old man. He defeats ganon and once again seals him away. Ending the original Legend of Zelda game. The original Legend of Zelda had a direct sequel name The legend of Zelda 2: Link's adventure. In this game link is trying to stop ganon's minions from resurrecting ganon while also trying to save the princess from her comatose state. I believe this is the last game in the child timeline so far because it ends with link and Zelda being together and that would mean the mixing of the 2 bloodlines, from that point on they couldn't be of separate blood in this timeline.

Where i think future games could easily be placed:

Between skyward sword and Ocarina.
After Spirit Tracks
Between majora's mask and Twilight princess.
Between Twilight Princess and The Minish Cap.
Between Four swords Adventures and A Link to the Past.
Between Link's Awakening and The original Legend of Zelda.
After the Legend of Zelda 2: Link's Adventure.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my theories, Please leave comments on what you think, and/or links to any agreeing/disagreeing theories you wish to share with me.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
In the adult timeline I assume that link must have mated with some one during his journey in order to keep his bloodline going in the adult timeline. The only suitable person he could have mated with as an adult would be Malon as all the other women who where interested in him where sages. I assume Ganon returned to life before link's offspring was able to fight him and so the gods/Goddesses flooded hyrule in order to prevent Ganon from ruling the land again, this leads into Wind waker. Link and his sister are raised by there grandmother who i personally think looks and acts like an older version of Malon.
It's quite unnecessary for Link's bloodline to continue. In fact, Daphnes states that the Hero of Winds is not related to the Hero of Time. He also explains that generations went by between OoT and the flood, making the legend turn to myth, and that the same happens between the flood and WW. Ganondorf and Daphnes are still alive due to some complicated power involving the flood seal and/or the Master Sword, and the Deities are still alive because... they're deities. There's no indication that anyone else could possibly have been alive during OoT.

You should also remember that Hylians who are lost in the lost woods become Stalfos and that Ganon was sealed away in the child timeline before he could rule. Ganon was sealed in the Twilight realm and the Link from ocarina and Majora is more then likely a character called "The Hero's Shade." The Hero's shade teaches link his moves, but thats not all, he said he was the last person to defeat Ganon. He also Carries a sword and shield directly from Majora's Mask, He also calls link "my child" when link completes his last training session with The hero's shade.
There are quite a few misconceptions here about the hero's shade. First, he's not a stalfos. His head is skull-like, but that's as far as the similarity goes. His limbs are more ghostly than bony. Second, he does not say that he defeated Ganon - only that he "accepted life as the hero." Finally, the sword and shield he carries look nothing like the sword and shield from Majora's Mask. I agree with your conclusion though.

@JJ:

SS - OoT - WW/PH - ST
/MM - TP - MC - FS/FSA - LttP/OoA/OoS/LA/LoZ/AoL

Some of the connections aren't quite clear though. For example, does LoZ really have the same Link as LttP?

D

Delos

It's quite unnecessary for Link's bloodline to continue. In fact, Daphnes states that the Hero of Winds is not related to the Hero of Time. He also explains that generations went by between OoT and the flood, making the legend turn to myth, and that the same happens between the flood and WW. Ganondorf and Daphnes are still alive due to some complicated power involving the flood seal and/or the Master Sword, and the Deities are still alive because... they're deities. There's no indication that anyone else could possibly have been alive during OoT.
I suspect they only said that because this game is played by people of all ages and sense there was no link to be reincarnated a bloodline should be required, they probably don't want to talk about link mating.

There are quite a few misconceptions here about the hero's shade. First, he's not a stalfos. His head is skull-like, but that's as far as the similarity goes. His limbs are more ghostly than bony. Second, he does not say that he defeated Ganon - only that he "accepted life as the hero." Finally, the sword and shield he carries look nothing like the sword and shield from Majora's Mask. I agree with your conclusion though.
He actually does. His blade is the gilded sword from majora's mask and shield is a dirty mirror shield from majora's mask. He does have an outstanding similarity in appearance to the stalfos, I imagine the only reason there are differences is because link does not hold any evil within himself.

Some of the connections aren't quite clear though. For example, does LoZ really have the same Link as LttP?
I am going to leave that as a maybe to be honest. It looks like it might be unless another game is made to sit between link's awakening and The original Legend of zelda. Think about it tho. If he already knew the old man in the original as being maybe one of the Link to the Past Sages it would explain how he gets the Magic sword so easily. None of these things are for sure but i personally believe what i explained to be the one timeline theory with the least flaws but if there are any flaws please tell me.

Would you mind putting up a diagram so it's clearer what you mean? Thanks.

There is a diagram at the top. You have to click it to see it full sized.

Last edited by a moderator:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
I suspect they only said that because this game is played by people of all ages and sense there was no link to be reincarnated a bloodline should be required, they probably don't want to talk about link mating.

Regardless of what you suspect bloodlines have been mentioned in these games, and this Link isn't a part of it. If there had been a bloodline, then there would have been a higher chance of a Link standing up to Ganon before WW takes place, as other games have shown when Ganon arises. The fact that nothing stopped Ganon when he broke out of the seal, means there was no heroic bloodline to take up the sword.

There is a diagram at the top. You have to click it to see it full sized.

For the record that diagram you provided is actually quite hard to read. It would be better not to impose a glaring red on a pure white Hylian insignia with a black background. Perhaps you can make one not so painful on the eyes?

Last edited:
D

Delos

For the record that diagram you provided is actually quite hard to read. It would be better not to impose a glaring red on a pure white Hylian insignia with a black background. Perhaps you can make one not so painful on the eyes?

I might make a new diagram in the near future but for now i am afraid you will have to settle for this one.

This could work, I had one slightly different. I dont see flaws. It would be strange for a old man to give some random person a sword. He could be that hyrule king sage, my guess what he really says: "Hero.....come to me.........with the last of my power.....take this new magical sword.....it will help, save hyrule....(disappeared dead, would of told Link to save his daughter Zelda but it was too late) or could be Links father teaching him skill then hears what new Link tells him: "A old woman was alone I save her, she told me I had to stop Ganon"his father: Go, take this sword, it should defeat him."

Last edited:
Link does not exist on the Adult Timeline anymore, He could not possibly mate with Saria because the kokiri are children, who is Daphne? and Link wouldn't get lost in the lost woods.
Hero's Shade:shade.jpg
Mirror Shield and Gilded Sword:gsword.jpgmirrorshld.jpg
How are these similar?
I personally think it is SS Link.

Delos' timeline:
...........WW/PH-ST
........../
SS-OoT
..........\
...........MM-TP-MC-FS-FSA-LttP/OoX/LA/Loz/AoL

Last edited:
HOLD ON! I forgot this but, Ganon dies at the end of TP. So unless Vatti reincarnated him in MC, the timeline is broke. Is Vatti even in MC?

Last edited:

Satsy

~~SaturnStorm
HOLD ON! I forgot this but, Ganon dies at the end of TP. So unless Vatti reincarnated him in MC, the timeline is broke. Is Vatti even in MC?

Vaati is in MC, he's the main bad guy in MC. Ganon, however, isn't in MC. Ganon doesn't appear in the Four Sword series until FSA on Gamecube.

The Hero's Shade isn't a Stalfos IMO, if you consider it carefully, it seems that the golden wolf is THS's true form (as a spirit) and he only changes form to be able to instruct link, which clearly he couldn't do as a wolf. In the "real" world, THS always appears as the golden wolf.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
i would say link after MM married Malon because TP link is in Ordon the ranch area that is not part of Hyrule, and I think i recall some people in MM saying they were leaving termina for Romani ranch, so wouldn't it be safe to assume that Lon Lon ranch isn't part of Hyrule either and became Ordon after hundreds of years of population growth for them to make Lon Lon ranch a town for people to live in

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom