• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Death battle Link vs Cloud Round 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
What in all of the entire final fantasy can reality warp? The closes thing was kefka, which everyone says he destroyed the world, watch the cutscene...he manages to nuke a continent, it shows the continent ripping apart from the crystal dropping on it, not the entire earth. And kefka craps all over sephiroth and cloud at the same time. I back squall against cloud 100% as he basically is clouds upgrade. Links verse weak? What villain was shown unkillable like ganondorf in terms of self resurrecting? What villain could reality warp like zant? What villian could actually end the game like majora did with the moon? The game doesnt even end with multiple supernovas from sephiroth, hence its not a real supernova, when the moon lands on the town, thats it, fanito...no more gameplay, you either have to play the time song or turn off the game...

FF is alot more diverse than zelda, but yet out of the two universes only zelda titles had 10/10 by almost every gaming magazine on the planet...link in his universe is top dog, cloud in his universe is like 30th place. They just had a death battle with bowser and ganondorf, and ganon won...and bowser is a multiversal threat. Ganon bound to 1 universe just beat a multiverse wrecker.

I don't recall link ever being able to beat a new born god such as sephiroth. hell link would lose almost instantly.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I don't recall link ever being able to beat a new born god such as sephiroth. hell link would lose almost instantly.
link Defeats Ganondorf who is the Demon King with the power of the Gods at his disposal. Sephiroth is a much more killable antagonist.
The most powerful sephiroth stated by the makers is the one in Advent Children who Cloud Defeats solo. Link never Defeats Ganondorf solo which is a point against him but there we go.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
link Defeats Ganondorf who is the Demon King with the power of the Gods at his disposal. Sephiroth is a much more killable antagonist.

Ah but therein lies the quandry, ganondorf didn't have such high goals as sephiroth, if i remember right sephiroth got corrupted by Jenova and ended up becoming one with the planet but before hand he was pretty much set to destroy all life on the world.

Ganondorf was content to rule not destroy, so he was far more tame, and fact is he only ever had one third of the gods power at any given time, i think only in a few instances did he gain the triforce in full and even then he was still merely content to want to rule.

Sephiroth was a much tougher target overall to kill seeing as the bugger ended up replicating himself across people and becoming a literal disease (don't overly quote me on that disease bit, been a while since i've been near Advent Children)

Reactions: Dio
I wouldn't deny that any link could whoop cloud's ass but the way this discussion is being presented makes it seem like it's all in favor of Link and not more of an even battle. Link isn't nearly as magically inclined as cloud and Link certainly doesn't have the same health boudries as cloud, i'd say in a DPS race cloud WOULD win as cloud hits harder and faster whereas link is more the turtle fighter.

Yes, full potential link can solo multiple verses of final fantasy...cloud cant even dent one timeline of zeldas verse. This isnt a match when both are full powered, weather composite or not...the only way this is a fight is if you isolate all links capability's, which is all you cloud supporters have ever been doing...putting in your own statistics of link and ignoring his arsenal. No different than all the blogs/forums, this is why death battle should do a round 2, because all you still believe in that bit I named above of cloud blitzing/out-muscleing/overpowering link...yeah a ******** link who just forgot he has more in his bag than thor himself.

Link has basically every immunity anyone can think of. And is top tier with his strength/durability and....list...of things he has at his disposal...funny how clouds summons dont nuke the average monster, yet link summoning the four giants is a planetary threat saver, if they went on the offsensive instead of defensive, its like link is calling ultimacia, sephiroth, kefka, and ex-death all at once to wreck cloud. On a flip note The four giants could nuke those four bosses along with the lot combined just on the sheer size of them, those four villains in their monster form would be as tall as the giants knees and kicked around like footballs.

Cloud has more magic than link? ha ha ha...this is clouds entire list of magic
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Materia_(Final_Fantasy_VII)

Links 50 immunity rings from oracle of seasons and oracle of ages, (clouds ice/fire/lighting/earth all nullified) ocarina of times vests and majoras masks (nullifiys and can even kill majority of his summons)...all which are temporary...

Links

Heart ring (indefinite) Means it last forever, forever regen, unlike cloud who once he runs out of magic no more regen
Bunny hood (indefinite) Means it last forever, as long as hes wearing it, he can run/move fast, unlike clouds haste, once his magic is gone, nor more haste
Links gauntlets (indefinite)

along with 20 other durability/immunity/strength enhancers all last ages longer than the 1 minute time frames of clouds...cloud has only around 30 materia that can actually do something in this fight...Link has over a 100:
http://www.mtv.com/news/2019040/legend-zelda-items-ranked/

All together cloud has an arsenal of of around a 100, link has a arsenal as a composite of over 300.

Vincent saving his life does nothing to discredit cloud, in fact it's the opposite. Even the stongest individuals know when they need help, and foruming a team of strong allies is a forum of intelligent planning.

lol Cloud didnt exit the fight like he said, get you next time, lets go Vincent were out...no, he was prostrate on the ground, like Ko'd...like he was on his last, and valentine swooped in and saved him from certain death...anyone can see this.

I never once was impressed by Link like the guy's (and gals) in the FF universe. I would rank Link under almost all of them.

Even IF Link would be more powerful, Nintendo hasn't shown anything nearly as impressive as Square has for FF characters.

Of course he has, hundreds of times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrETXUx5uAQ

You just wanna back pedal and not accept it. Even with multiple bosses at once...nice durability on cloud there, bleeding like stuck pig all over the place from a 1 inch width sword...some planet tanker.

Wait for it...non canon...eh? lol
That game doesn't actually make Link look good, it's seriously all dumb non-talented enemies. Half of it is killing mindless skeletons. Nothing comes close in terms of the impressive skills and fighting in those FF videos. Of course it's all opinion. Doesn't matter if that game is non-cannon it's not impressive either way, and that meteor wasn't even a full scale version of the old one so it's no more of a convincing argument than my video of sephiroths super nova attack.

Ah but therein lies the quandry, ganondorf didn't have such high goals as sephiroth, if i remember right sephiroth got corrupted by Jenova and ended up becoming one with the planet but before hand he was pretty much set to destroy all life on the world.

Ganondorf was content to rule not destroy, so he was far more tame, and fact is he only ever had one third of the gods power at any given time, i think only in a few instances did he gain the triforce in full and even then he was still merely content to want to rule.

Sephiroth was a much tougher target overall to kill seeing as the bugger ended up replicating himself across people and becoming a literal disease (don't overly quote me on that disease bit, been a while since i've been near Advent Children)

Nah, he wasn't corrupted he just freaked out when he found out what he really was, a freak, some giant deformed pigeon...then mamas boy went on a tantrum rant and burning down a village was his biggest feat. Ganon would wreck sephiroth, sephy is a monster at best no different than low level boses in the zelda verse, ganon is attributed with powers from gods who can only be stopped by a few enchanted weapons, much like how only magic red son and kryptonite can harm superman...you dont got those, theres nothing you can do.

I never once was impressed by Link like the guy's (and gals) in the FF universe. I would rank Link under almost all of them.

Even IF Link would be more powerful, Nintendo hasn't shown anything nearly as impressive as Square has for FF characters.

Nah, thats just your bias talking, since you failed to show anything cloud can even dent links arsenal...and wow not impressed, yet you're impressed by angeals flimsy sword breaking, ricocheting and putting genesis out of buisness? nah thats the bias...lol who would have thought, genisis (this supposed planet buster too) almost killed by a fraction of a sword, and cloud choped up by a 1 inch sword...talk about weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Of course he has, hundreds of times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrETXUx5uAQ

You just wanna back pedal and not accept it. Even with multiple bosses at once...nice durability on cloud there, bleeding like stuck pig all over the place from a 1 inch width sword...some planet tanker.

Wait for it...non canon...eh? lol

Hyrule Warriors isn't Canon. That's a fact wether we like it or not. Therefore wether Link is able to perform certain feats in that game is irrelevant to this argument.

That game doesn't actually make Link look good, it's seriously all dumb non-talented enemies. Half of it is killing mindless skeletons. Nothing comes close in terms of the impressive skills and fighting in those FF videos. Of course it's all opinion. Doesn't matter if that game is non-cannon it's not impressive either way, and that meteor wasn't even a full scale version of the old one so it's no more of a convincing argument than my video of sephiroths super nova attack.

Yet, one sword bleeds cloud, I count a hundred swords coming at once, 1 sword landing (near death cloud) 100 landing, (cloud in a hundred pieces) that was just an example, link faces hundreds to thousands in that game with different variations, even kid link does it, armies is what killed zack (who has better feats than cloud) that same platoon would kill cloud and sephiroth, A platoon is like a piece of an army...not an actual full forced army.

What meteor, the one cloud cast in the game? The one that even a goron could catch with his hands? Or the meteor sephiroth summoned? The one the four giants would catch just as they did the moon.

Your own friends on here even admitted that, that hyrule warriors would solo the entire FF verse. lol

Nah, thats just your bias talking, since you failed to show anything cloud can even dent links arsenal...and wow not impressed, yet you're impressed by angeals flimsy sword breaking, ricocheting and putting genesis out of buisness? nah thats the bias...lol who would have thought, genisis (this supposed planet buster too) almost killed by a fraction of a sword, and cloud choped up by a 1 inch sword...talk about weak.
You're right, it's my bias! For a second I thought we were on a neutral non-biased forum! You've listed a bunch of paper arguments that always end up on the ideal side for Link (assuming he has all 300 of his items etc), but every time there is a display of skill and fighting potential you have to link to a non-cannon game where he doesn't even look that talented.

Truth is Cloud still beats Sephiroth as a god with very little of his ideal conditions. And Link can hardly do crap without his best gear. I just don't see the Sword and fighting talent from Link, you can argue all you want but visually there is very little to back it up.

Hyrule Warriors isn't Canon. That's a fact wether we like it or not. Therefore wether Link is able to perform certain feats in that game is irrelevant to this argument.

And cloud didnt use a single materia and summon in the anime, movie/Advent, cutscene in the game or any where else...these are facts whether cloud supporters like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom