• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Darmani

There isn't a dimension of our past because that is our dimensions history.

How do you know that? There's an anime called Noein where these people travel through dimensions looking for something when they find a dimension that is identical to their past. And we know that Termina and Hyrule aren't completly identical because of the two Malons, Romani and Cremia. Termina might be a copy of Hyrule, but there are a few things that are different. Romani and Cremia are the Terminain counterparts of Malon, the adult Link-goro is the Terminain counterpart of Darunia's son who wasn't born yet, and Darmani is the Terminain counterpart of the goron who defeated Volvagia with the hammer.

S

Schizo

That would lead to even more timeline-issues. This thread needs Doc Brown I guess.

When you go back to the time Volvagia was defeated, those timeline issues won't even be there. You're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally.

How do you know that? There's an anime called Noein where these people travel through dimensions looking for something when they find a dimension that is identical to their past. And we know that Termina and Hyrule aren't completly identical because of the two Malons, Romani and Cremia. Termina might be a copy of Hyrule, but there are a few things that are different. Romani and Cremia are the Terminain counterparts of Malon, the adult Link-goro is the Terminain counterpart of Darunia's son who wasn't born yet, and Darmani is the Terminain counterpart of the goron who defeated Volvagia with the hammer.
Except Volvagia doesnt exist in Termina so he would have defeated the opposite of whatever volvagia was. And the Anime you just said identical to their past but not their real past. Another dimension cannot have the same timeline as another dimension because they are parallel worlds, it means both timelines are on the same course to the future but the lines never touch ( just like in math class) they will never meet unless there is a perpendicular line connecting the two which would be the portal that sent link there in the first place.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
It was obviously Darunia.

Darunia did not defeat Volvagia. Darunia himself tells Link that one of his ancestors was the one who defeated Volvagia originally.

Romani and Cremia are the Terminain counterparts of Malon, the adult Link-goro is the Terminain counterpart of Darunia's son who wasn't born yet, and Darmani is the Terminain counterpart of the goron who defeated Volvagia with the hammer.

I don't think the adult Goron named Link is the counterpart of the young Goron Link from Ocarina of Time. I always felt that the Goron Elder's young son (the one who wouldn't stop crying) was the Terminian counterpart, if only because they are the only infant Gorons seen in both games.
If Darmani is the counterpart to anyone from Ocarina of Time, it's most likely going to be Darunia, not an ancient ancestor we never even met or learnt the name of.

As for your point about Link the Goron not being born yet in Ocarina of Time, that just raises the question of how can there be a counterpart of someone who doesn't exist yet?
In the same way, there is a counterpart to Malon's older self, despite the fact Malon was still a young girl when Link entered Termina and Ingo's counterpart would be the Gorman brothers. Why would he have about 4 counterparts?

Maybe, just maybe, not everyone in Termina is truly a counterpart of someone from Hyrule. Link doesn't have one, Zelda doesn't have one, Ganondorf doesn't have one, the Happy Mask Salesman doesn't have one, the Zora King doesn't have one, Nabooru doesn't have one. Then there are all the people of Termina who don't have any link to people from Hyrule, like the Deku King, Princess and Butler, Kamaro, Kafei, Mayor Dotour and Madame Aroma, all of the Indigo-Gos except Lulu, the swordsmiths, Igos du Ikana and his guards, the beavers living in the Great Bay. There are no doubt more that I haven't mentioned.

My point is not everyone in Termina is a counterpart to someone from Hyrule. There are people who exclusively inhabit Termina, the same way there are people who exclusively inhabit Hyrule. It's likely that the adult Goron named Link is just there for the Anju & Kafei side-quest, since he shares nothing with the Goron Link from Ocarina of Time besides the name. All of the actual counterparts look exactly the same as their Hyrulian versions (some with minor differences), so an adult Goron being the counterpart to an infant Goron doesn't fit with the pattern found throughout the whole game.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
No, Link did in Oot.
Unless you mean was he the origanal one that defeated him then, mabie.
my guss would be yes.
although I might be worng.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I highly doubt it. The only people able to travel from Termina to Hyrule are Link and the Happy Mask Man. They are also probably the only ones aware of the connection. Even if crossover is possible for Darmani, he is probably not quite old enough to have defeated Volvagia since it is an ancient dragon and was defeated so long ago.

When you go back to the time Volvagia was defeated, those timeline issues won't even be there. You're just not thinking fourth-dimensionally.
The statement was that the goron who first defeated(way before OoT started) was Link in the Goron Mask. Link obtains the Goron Mask in MM which is after OoT. So please explain how that can be without contradicting the timeline. Went back 40years in time after MM before he died in the Lost Woods and became the hero#s shade? He never even made it back to hyrule, that's why he became the Hero's Shade!

I highly doubt it. The only people able to travel from Termina to Hyrule are Link and the Happy Mask Man. They are also probably the only ones aware of the connection. Even if crossover is possible for Darmani, he is probably not quite old enough to have defeated Volvagia since it is an ancient dragon and was defeated so long ago.
No, they are not. Obviously Skull kid knows, too. And why is the Deku Butlers son in the middle of the way between the dimensions? That opens the doors that there could be more people aware of it.

Last edited:
The statement was that the goron who first defeated(way before OoT started) was Link in the Goron Mask. Link obtains the Goron Mask in MM which is after OoT. So please explain how that can be without contradicting the timeline. Went back 40years in time after MM before he died in the Lost Woods and became the hero#s shade? He never even made it back to hyrule, that's why he became the Hero's Shade!
But how does link go back in time from MM It isn't like he has the Harp of ages. All he has is the ocarina. Which in MM proves he can only go back 3 days. I would be more comfortable with this theory if the portal made you time travel instead of sending you to another dimension. Also if he never made it back to Hyrule and he turned int the heros shade then who is the hero shade in tp? Because that is Hyrule and that is the Link from oot/mm.

Last edited:
Hey bspurka... this really supports me but I was asking Schizo to contradict my theory because he was saying that I would be wrong... I guess I have to wait until he answers...

jack546

The chosen one
I think that Darmani is the terminian counterpart of Darinia in hyrule he could not have destroyed volvagia because he lives in termina.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Except Volvagia doesnt exist in Termina so he would have defeated the opposite of whatever volvagia was. And the Anime you just said identical to their past but not their real past. Another dimension cannot have the same timeline as another dimension because they are parallel worlds, it means both timelines are on the same course to the future but the lines never touch ( just like in math class) they will never meet unless there is a perpendicular line connecting the two which would be the portal that sent link there in the first place.

And unless time in Termania flows backwards to Hyrule which can't be possible, because Link would have arrived before skull kid, then you are correct. Going to Termania and coming back to hyrule can't let you go backwards in time.

(considering the possibly that parallel worlds can be parallel, but still traveling in opposing directions, which clearly wasn't the case.)

And unless time in Termania flows backwards to Hyrule which can't be possible, because Link would have arrived before skull kid, then you are correct. Going to Termania and coming back to hyrule can't let you go backwards in time.

(considering the possibly that parallel worlds can be parallel, but still traveling in opposing directions, which clearly wasn't the case.)

I'm not agreeing with going through the portal and moving through time. Never said that once. And If termina's time flow was backwards makes no sense at all. You are mixing up my words with what I said to others.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I'm not agreeing with going through the portal and moving through time. Never said that once. And If termina's time flow was backwards makes no sense at all. You are mixing up my words with what I said to others.

No i'm not, I was agreeing with what you said and expanding apon it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom