• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Dark World Round 2: CONFIRMED

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
If you're blind and didn't look at the home page, let me inform you that the Dark World has indeed been confirmed for ALttP2. Then again if you're blind you probably can't read this thread....

ANYWAYS, I just wanted to see how you guys feel about this news and how you expect this feature to be used in the new game.

Personally, I was a bit disappointed and shocked to see this news. I feel that ALttP2 is a gem of an idea and there are a select few ways they can screw it up. One of those few ways is making the game way too similar to ALttP. Now we don't really have that much info about the game yet, but TO MEE, the return of the Dark World is a step towards the "clone" direction which is rather upsetting. If ALttP2 is supposed to have a brand new original storyline, I'm curious to see how they pull it off.

The Dark World in ALttP is an alternate mirror world and sometimes if you switch over in certain areas of the light world to the dark world you can uncover some pretty sweet secrets. But sometimes, it's just bland and secretless. In ALttP2 I want to see the Dark World work in a similar way to ALttP, but jam pack the Dark World with more secrets.

What do you guys think?

Mido

Version 1
Yeah, I agree with you that the Dark World should not 'clone' the Light World in ALTTP2, so some frequent variation would work well. Then again, we don't want the worlds to differentiate too much as where similarities are completely void. I hope that the Dark World gives off the familiar feelings of the Light World, such as basic geography/landscape, and structures with their "dark" style, such as ALTTP did; but yet, the Dark World should have more tricks up its sleeve than its predecessor as well. This concept has a great amount of potential, so we can all hope that it is utilized well.

CPainter307

Lost Woods Explorer
Yeah, I agree with you that the Dark World should not 'clone' the Light World in ALTTP2, so some frequent variation would work well. Then again, we don't want the worlds to differentiate too much as where similarities are completely void. I hope that the Dark World gives off the familiar feelings of the Light World, such as basic geography/landscape, and structures with their "dark" style, such as ALTTP did; but yet, the Dark World should have more tricks up its sleeve than its predecessor as well. This concept has a great amount of potential, so we can all hope that it is utilized well.

Personally, I'd like to see a completely new Dark World. Of course, the feel and integrity of the world should be the same, but if this game is really going to be a new experience, I think we need a new secondary overworld to traverse.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'm actually kinda shocked. I didn't expect it to return in an original story. I hope there's a good reason for it being brought back, as well as some expansions to both worlds, because if there isn't, this game is probably going to feel like one giant fan service.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
its been confirmed its a Sequel, so the Dark World will be the Sacred Real this time i bet, im not worried, it wont be a remake. keep up hope ppl, its gonna be great!

I'm actually kinda shocked. I didn't expect it to return in an original story. I hope there's a good reason for it being brought back, as well as some expansions to both worlds, because if there isn't, this game is probably going to feel like one giant fan service.

hate to say it but i DID tell you so. and im sure there will be a good reason, and i doubt its the dark world we are thinkin of, im sure since the light world is so similar, that the dark world will be a different place! to make up for the reused Light world Map!

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
Personally, I'd like to see a completely new Dark World. Of course, the feel and integrity of the world should be the same, but if this game is really going to be a new experience, I think we need a new secondary overworld to traverse.

Exactly! With this concept, I think the Dark World can easily be great in this game.

While it may seem forced, I'm glad Nintendo is incorporating the Dark World into this new game. It's the original dual overworld and arguably the most well designed.

Not sure how it fits in story wise but this is further reinforcement for my theory that Link must travel back in time to prevent Ganon from defeating Link starting the Decline Timeline.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
While it may seem forced, I'm glad Nintendo is incorporating the Dark World into this new game. It's the original dual overworld and arguably the most well designed.

Not sure how it fits in story wise but this is further reinforcement for my theory that Link must travel back in time to prevent Ganon from defeating Link starting the Decline Timeline.

the theory you had that i put in bold is exactly what i said in another thread, and everyone Laughed at me! good to know someone else think we are gonna do away with the Decilne. and if so that would mean they would have to merge the Decline games after ALttP1, into the child and adult lines and ALttP2 i have a feeling will be Before and After ALttP! so maybe im a lil more out there, but we got the same basic concept

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom