• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dark Link?

Would Dark Link be a good addition to the game?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!

• Who?!

• Total voters
A

Awkward Turtle

Do you want Dark Link to be in SS?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not mind the addition of a dark Link.
After all in OoT there was an evil Link.
You fought him in the Water Temple.
I like the idea of fighting someone who has all the abilities and weapons normal Link has.
Trying something new cannot hurt.
Possibly have him as the final boss before Ganon.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
Well, with speculation and theorizing that the "Dark Tribe" that's talked about in TP being the main antagonist in SS, I would consider it very probable that we would see Dark Link in SS. I wouldn't appreciate him just being thrown in there, he'd have to have to some relevance to the story line.

ikilltoonlink

ಠ_ಠ mr. Observant
I think he might be! Dark link is (as you probably know) part of the dark interlopers there race span over a ton of years! So ya i think he might be a mini boss or something!

Yes! I would love to fight Dark Link in SS.
Perhaps instead of having him in a certain spot, he could stalk you throughout the land. Trying to take you down, so evil could reign. Just imagine watching your back, waiting, almost fearfully for Dark Link to strike.

Yes! I would love to fight Dark Link in SS.
Perhaps instead of having him in a certain spot, he could stalk you throughout the land. Trying to take you down, so evil could reign. Just imagine watching your back, waiting, almost fearfully for Dark Link to strike.
That is a good idea. To have him like the big horned goblin guy in TP. WHO SAID NO!?

I think with the motion controls the battle would be amazing, but I think he should be a really late boss or even the last dungeon's mini-boss. It would be a really hard boss considering he could match your moves and you have to figure out a way to make him drop his guard. This could really be an epic battle.

Djinn

and Tonic
I would have to say no. I would rather have an actual character with a name, motivation, and personality of their own to fight instead of a perfect copy of Link. Someone new to challenge Link sounds much more interesting than a Link clone that can really only be just another player model made into an NPC. While a challenging swordfight with a near equal skilled fighter sounds interesting. I want it to be with someone who has moves of their own and not someone with the exact same moves that I am using, it makes the fight too predictable.

Plus I also wish Nintendo would try a few new ideas instead of reusing the same old ones over and over again. We have seen Dark Link several times in the past and he has added very little to the story. Normally just a miniboss to be defeated and move on. Phantom Ganon has actually shown to be consistently more of a part of the storyline than Dark Link, except maybe in Four Swords Adventures. But that game was filled with Link clones already. I want someone new to appear and fight Link, not just another Link.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I agree with Djinn. While the re-appearance of Dark Link would be intresting and would make for an epic battle, a NEW enemy with completely new moves and a new style of fighting for Link to fight... That would be more fun.

Djinn also mentioed that the Dark Link fights are too predictable. I agree with that too; the more unpredictable, the better. I want to really have to work for my victory, and actually use up my faries instead of having them as excess baggage. Whenever I use a fairy, it's to make room for something else. I want to really have to give it my all and when I'm done, to lean back with a sigh of releif, and say,"Damn, that was tough!!". You don't get that experience from Dark Link often. At least, I don't.

S

Sean

Dark Link

Dark Link would be cool. He'd be a challenging boss of say... a Shadow Temple? I wouldn't mind and it'd be cool if they made him like a rival(a la King Bulbin from TP). Overall, Dark Link would be a cool addition!:nod:

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I'm in the middle here. I don't really care if he's there or not. He's seems a bit like a Fan service, and to me sort of a bland character. He's the dark side of Link, unless he had a very interesting back story would I be crazy about the idea. He should have a certain place in the plot if he's going to be there at all, that's why I didn't really care for him in Ocarina of Time. It's almost how Ganon got thrown in Twilight Princess.

Why isn't there I don't know choice?

Anyway's, I don't really care if Dark Link was in the game, it would be really cool because we rarely get to see him. Dark Link is a good addition to the Enemy category, I would love to see him in Skyward. It would be very more challenging because when you try to attack him, it would more of a combat, than just pressing a button and see if you can hit him. So yeah, I would love to see Dark Link again.

zeldakid895

Zelda's Kid
Dark Link would be a great addition to the game. Perhaps he could play a vital role and have a backstory and more character development, or maybe he could just be a foe (a miniboss or boss) like before. Both ways would be cool to have him in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom