• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Could They Use the Art Style for Skyward Sword for a New 3ds Zelda Game?

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Since Link's Awakening followed the Link to The Past art style
and Phantom Hour Glass, Spirit Tracks, Minish Cap and the Four swords games I think its safe to assume that the new zelda 3ds game NOT OCARINA OF TIME 3D will follow Skyward Sword's artwork.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
They could, but I'm not sure they should.... (no rimes intended)

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Its always possible
by the way what are those hearts supposed to represent how high up you are in the zelda forums?

i really really hope not. i simply love the art style in SS, its the best art style i have seen in a video game, but every zelda game needs to have its own personality and the art style is part of it

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Well, Nintendo's full of surprises, and they've done cel-shading on a DS system before (Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks). They could very well do the cel-shaded/impressionist art-style for a new 3DS Zelda game. I personally think the cel-shaded graphics would look very smooth and nice on the 3DS. But, the whole "you feel like you're in a painting" concept might be a tad bit to grab with the 3DS, but, as I said, Nintendo's full of surprises.

It might happen, but I'd like to play SS before I consider if I'd like to see the art style again.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I also think that the graphics for a 3DS Zelda game will be centered around the gameplay of that specific game, so something that really takes advantage of 3D. Right now I can't think of anything, but that why I don't make Zelda games :D

Teal

Useful Help.
Doubt Nintendo alayways changes there art style all the time like Ocarina Of Time & Majora's Mask shared the same style then they change it then we got Wind Waker, that style lasted three games then Twilight Princess lasted one game, then we got Skyward Sword so 90% of the Zelda game atleast have the same style twice that meens it's possible that this style could come mulitiple times in the futre or just one time it's up to Nintendo.

Tael.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They could, as they have been using cel shading for the DS games so far, it's about time they did something else, then again they may wish to use the graphics from ocarina of time 3ds or something similar to that.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
thanks
I am starting to grow attached with skyward swords artwork and I could see a sequal to skyward sword....Bird riding multiplayer online spin off anyone?

I think they will stick with the top-down/isometric perspective. And in this perspective the super deformed (like WW, MC, PH, ST) character works much better. But they can make Super Deformed Link (big head and eyes), but going along another art style like the SS water painting-like.

I think they should differ the most they can from DS games, they reused that style and world too much already, and to keep the franchise fresh they can't overuse thematics, world and art this much.

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
The 3ds is perfectly capable of 3d perspective zelda games an the 3d is AWSOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom