• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Could the Skull Kid's Actions in MM Saved Hyrule?

Im going to ask you a question. Do you honestly trust the the happy mask salesman?in MM your goal is to retrave a forbidden mask known as majora's Mask.
I ve always wondered why he wanted that mask so bad, yea shure he is a mask collector and that is a rare mask. but something seems abit off if you think about it.
this guy has that look like he is planing something but you dont quite know what with that smile. I honestly believe that he was going to use MM on hyrule. but then the skull kid intervened and he could not carry out his plan.
images

So if he was going to attack hyrule why, and how? well the mask salesman has the ability to travel through other dimensions, he can easily travel through Termina and Hyrule with ease. ok that was simple on the how, but what about the why. why would he attack hyrule?
well that's another theory i have that the mask salesman could be a Decedent of the lost tribe that created Majora's mask. and my reasons for this is.

1) he knows the history of the mask and the lost tribe, along with the dangers of the mask. it could be that the stone's tower was were the ancient tribe once lived and he managed to retrieve majoa's mask from the stones tower.( if thats were he got it from)
2) the ancient tribe used masks and he is a collector of masks why go through so much trouble rewinding time just for a mask? i dont think he wanted to save termina.
3) the mask didn't influenced him in a negative way like it did with the skull kid. (though it may be possible that the skull kid was weak minded so it was easier for the mask to possess him, it may take a strong mind to use the mask properly).
4) he seems to be not from the dimension that ether hyrule or termina is in with this actions and magical abilities.
5) the children on the moon look like him.

but why attack Hyrule? Could his only reason why is that the 3 Godesess sealed his tribe away due to Blasphemy, building the stone Towers in MM mocking the 3 Goddess, (but that can be up for debate if that is true or not.) and happy mask salesman is a decedent of this tribe that " mysteriously disapeard".
600404_4476808453154_2055478442_n.jpg

So what was his original plans? with a mask of that kind of power and the great distance he had to go to get it one simply just wont collect it just to look at it , Perhaps Destiny changed when the skull kid stole that mask. what if skull kid never stole the mask, could hyrule had been in trouble and was doomed due to the wrath of Majora via the happy mask sales man, and link meanwhile was in Termia forever trapped?
so what do you think. could the skill kid had unintentionally saved Hyrule, and not realized it?

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Am I the only one who didn't think the Mask Salesman was evil? He seemed as benign as Tingle.

...then wouldn't that mean at the beginning of the events of ocarina of time?considering that's where link traveled back to?

yes it would. the skull kid managed to steel the mask b4 attacking link in the lost woods.. how long that time span between him stealing majora's mask and attacking link is unknown.
I could see it as this.
1 the HMS finds MM and while returning to hyrule he is attacked by the Skull kid in the lost woods before he could use the mask while link returned to his time line. yea i know its crazy sounding.

or 2 the HMS who just found MM is attacked days after link returned to his timeline.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
yes it would. the skull kid managed to steel the mask b4 attacking link in the lost woods.. how long that time span between him stealing majora's mask and attacking link is unknown.
I could see it as this.
1 the HMS finds MM and while returning to hyrule he is attacked by the Skull kid in the lost woods before he could use the mask while link returned to his time line. yea i know its crazy sounding.

or 2 the HMS who just found MM is attacked days after link returned to his timeline.

1.ok so what caused him to get the mask during the oot-mm route which didn't happen during the oot route
2.ok but why is he attacked there but wasn't in ocarina of time?and if he was attacked in oot...then what?

1.ok so what caused him to get the mask during the oot-mm route which didn't happen during the oot route
2.ok but why is he attacked there but wasn't in ocarina of time?and if he was attacked in oot...then what?

idk, beats me. he got that mask at some time ( if he didnt then the game MM would not had happen)... and im guessing he was attacked at that location due to the skull kid acting the way he was being a trouble maker and what not..if u want you ( or anyone els) can fill that gap in.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Am I the only one who didn't think the Mask Salesman was evil? He seemed as benign as Tingle.

Appearance is key to blending in with the environment. He seemed pretty pissed - more than even Zelda would - at the news that the mask wasn't retrieved. And he disappeared from the land as soon as he got what he wanted. Suspicious! D:

But anyway, Skull Kid's actions were straight evil! I doubt they could've done anything for Hyrule, except make the world of ALttP maybe. They brought nothing but desolation to the environment. :/

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Ugea said:
So if he was going to attack hyrule why, and how? well the mask salesman has the ability to travel through other dimensions, he can easily travel through Termina and Hyrule with ease.*
Where did you get the idea that he can travel through the other dimensions? Plus he travels to Termina like any normal being would -- through the entrance deep into the woods.

So here's a post from a thread that is still relevant on the first page but time was a while back...

The sudden movements as you mentioned seem intentional, as if he is in a way making small teleportations, whatever action that he is doing it doesn't seem natural by any means. Another note would be that during the first cut scene, when you meet him, you walk past where he is meant to be and suddenly he appears as if from thin air as does his piano.

The fact that he teaches Link the song of healing means that he knows the song himself, which may indicate that he has been trying to heal himself. One more point in favor of this theory would be that during the final cut scenes the Happy Mask Salesman is seen but then suddenly he vanishes.

Overall I think its very possible that the Happy Mask Salesman could be a ghost/spirit. However he is very different from his Hylian counterpart which could indicate that the two are not connected. One theory I have in mind that the Happy Mask Salesman is a spirit that is sent to help out Link in the game, inform him of the dangers of the mask and teach him the song of healing (a key song in the game).

So here I basically pushed the notion that the Happy Mask Salesman is in fact a spirit, sent to help Link somehow. Fact is that every character we see in Majora's Mask is a rather unfamiliar counterpart to their Hylian selves. So why is the Happy Mask Salesman different? Well he seems to be same person as he was in Ocarina of Time, I mean he has the same profession, in collecting Masks. So I would think that he too entered Termina to find the Mask. I'm still not fully sure on this theory I'm presenting but I would think that the Happy Mask Salesman isn't part of the Dark Tribe as he refers to the Mask as this horrendous evil, if was a part of the tribe who created it, then surely he would praise it's powers in a brighter light.

Trying to justify me theory would mean I would have to delve deeper into the mystery of Termina itself and what exactly it is, but I'll save that for another thread sometime.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
He seemed pretty pissed - more than even Zelda would - at the news that the mask wasn't retrieved.

alright so you send a kid to retrieve something that has the power to create a freaking apocolypse,and you're telling me you wouldn't be mad when comes back empty handed?

idk, beats me. he got that mask at some time ( if he didnt then the game MM would not had happen)... and im guessing he was attacked at that location due to the skull kid acting the way he was being a trouble maker and what not..if u want you ( or anyone els) can fill that gap in.

bro this is your theory,i think it would be a good idea to have an explanation for any holes people find,by finding the holes yourself first and thinking of exu-uh,i mean explanations for them....cuz you know,i wasn't in a situation like this or anything like that...

Last edited:
As for the HMS I don't recall seeing him as adult Link in oot. So my thoughts are, after going through his side quest as young Link he didn't get any more buyers and eventually decided to collect masks. After coming across Termina he started searching there and happened to find MM. After collecting all the masks he could from there he started heading back to Hyrule to settle down in his home. But alas he gets attacked by Skull kid, who happens to steal MM. Young Link, who was initially looking for Navi, get hit by Skull Kid him self(and get the ocarina stolen) and gets caught up in the whole quest to save Termina.

i don't think the happy mask man is evil...just a weirdo w/ a temper

And I second this. He was just a creep that was generally P.O.ed that MM was stolen in the first place.

alright so you send a kid to retrieve something that has the power to create a freaking apocolypse,and you're telling me you wouldn't be mad when comes back empty handed?

bro this is your theory,i think it would be a good idea to have an explanation for any holes people find,by finding the holes yourself first and thinking of exu-uh,i mean explanations for them....cuz you know,i wasn't in a situation like this or anything like that...
eeh.. this more of a discussion then a theory..and it would be on the theory section.

Last edited:

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I don't really think he's like Majora/Ganon-type evil per se, but he was certainly not a fully sane person. Come on, he PICKED UP A TEN YEAR OLD BOY AND VIOLENTLY SHOOK HIM! That is not the sign of a mentally stable individual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom