• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Couch Surfing

So I had heard about this on the news a while back and was wondering what you all think about it.

Link

Couch Surfing is traveling the world via random person's houses. You just borrow their couch for a night in exchange for some money or for finding another couch (if I remember correctly).

I Think its kinda a cool idea, although the thought of a random stranger on my couch scares me a little bit. What do you guys think?

Anubis

The most inactive active
Wow, sounds crazy. But I would rather have seen random dudes ''surfing'' down a road on a couch or something. :D But I would never sign up for that. :P

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Couch Surfing is traveling the world via random person's houses.

Wow. Does Random Person own that much property? I had no idea he was so wealthy. ;)

You just borrow their couch for a night in exchange for some money or for finding another couch (if I remember correctly).

I Think its kinda a cool idea, although the thought of a random stranger on my couch scares me a little bit. What do you guys think?

I think it's a bit scary, the idea of trusting a whole bunch of people you barely know to let you sleep on their couch so that you can travel around the area. I mean, it's one thing if I go to stay and visit with a friend that I've known online for a few years, and I've done that once... but I knew them quite well. I can't imagine relying on a bunch of total strangers.

Besides, I don't really have my own residence, so I couldn't really offer a couch in return.

I think that it's a good idea if you're the adventurous sort. You're bound to have interesting experiences doing something like that, whether they're good or bad.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Although it sounds like a fun idea, I highly doubt you'd get very far.

For one, certain people can't be trusted, and alot of people can't trust anybody. People are very unlikely to let a stranger sleep in their house, even if they are paying for it. That person could try and rob them, or even worse- kill them during the night.

I think this would be fun among friends, but not in random people's houses. You don't know what could happen.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I've heard of the service before, and it sounds like it works pretty well. I'm not sure that I would actually do it, but really, most people out there are decent, and are probably just as nervous about you coming as you are going there!

T

Tim

Ehh, I didn't know it was this formal, I thought it was more like going from party to party across a country and waking up on random peoples couches. I would try it (cheaper and probably just as dangerous as staying at a hostel)..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom