• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cosplay

Have you ever cosplayed?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No but I do want to.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I plan to cosplay when I'm old enough to and have some money. I'd even just like to cosplay or where costume accessories in private. I really like dressing up
parenting_pokmon_style_halloween_costume_2013-11-03.jpg

There's no such thing as too young to cosplay, old bean.
Although I admit that the money bit has been a major problem in my own cosplaying ventures (or lack thereof)

parenting_pokmon_style_halloween_costume_2013-11-03.jpg

There's no such thing as too young to cosplay, old bean.
Although I admit that the money bit has been a major problem in my own cosplaying ventures (or lack thereof)
I need to be old enough to buy stuff and mostly cosplaying happens at conventions and parents don't want me to go to conventions so that's why I'm too young

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
viewImage.php

This is me, playing in a band. Btw this is my real look.

Nah, I haven't done this for a long time. The last time I did, I was probably age 12 or something. But it's a fun thing. I can see why people like it.

Djinn

and Tonic
Nah, I've made plenty of stuff for cosplayers in the past though. The challenge of making the weird stuff that comes from anime designs is fun at times, hair pulling frustrating at others but it always made me money.

Now I will wear the occasional thing like the green lantern ring I made a few years back, or the kokiri emerald pin. It rarely moves beyond small jewelry-ish thing on my coat.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I've cosplayed once as Link. It was when I got to go to the 2014 San Diego Comic Con. It was so fun, best time of my life. I also made my own Hylian shield for it.

D

Deleted member 81859

I'm wrapping up purchases for Linkle as we speak :) I am a budget cosplayer, so God bless e-bay.
(then all I have to do is sew that cloak-thing of hers and fix the detailing on the skirt. kill me.)
I've cosplayed as Namine from Kingdom Hearts. I found her dress at a thrift store, and then picked up blue sandals and glued stars on. I also filled an entire sketchbook with her sketches because dedication.

The second cosplay was OoT/ALBW Zelda. It lasted me five years and I just kept making alterations to it until it was a completely different costume.
All those little details were a nightmare for a budget cosplayer. But I ended up with a cape so all's cool.
I did a closet cosplay as Luke from Professor Layton during a Spirit Day one year. The day was 30's themed, so no one knew my true motives. *cries*

Sailor Moon almost happened, but money.
The actual cosplay stops there, but I like doing character inspired outfits. Basicly, whatever's in the house.

I've been acting in theater for 11 years of my life, so I guess cosplaying goes without saying there. Through the years I've been a butler, a troll, Jesus, Dopey, a dead guy who was shot in the head, Joseph Goebbels, an evil caterpillar king, a Nicaraguan soldier, a whale, and a gender bent Fairy Godmother amongst others.

I've always really enjoyed dressing up and I'd love to cosplay more in the future!

Also, last Halloween I cosplayed as Cyclops from X-Men! ^^

I've been acting for a few years and even had a very brief stint in New York. I found out there that the actor life wasn't how I wanted to support a family so I went back to college. I still enjoy acting and do voice acting gigs from time to time.

I've played Jesus, Macbeth, Sweeney Todd, Sin, Prince Charming, Stupid Elf, some other Shakesperean roles, and other small roles. I loved it! I need to find a picture...

I haven't cosplayed but I've been interested ever since I interviewed a Cosplay group and saw all of their awesome stuff. It takes a lot of money, though...

I'd probably do something from anime...

Pen

The game is on!
I've been acting for a few years and even had a very brief stint in New York. I found out there that the actor life wasn't how I wanted to support a family so I went back to college. I still enjoy acting and do voice acting gigs from time to time.

Cool! Although I love acting (and voice acting too for that matter) I always just saw it a hobby of mine. I've never really tried to make a living off of in. I just think it's a really fun activity. ^^

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I've cosplayed a few times, mostly for costume competitions at conventions, but also a few other times where I've reused old costumes. I've cosplayed as Illyria in Angel, Kaylee in Firefly and River Song in Doctor Who. I've worn the Kaylee costume multiple times and I'd be willing to do River Song again (but preferably with a better wig as the one I have itches like crazy). The Illyria one was something I hand-sewed and I really don't have the body for it, and I felt awkward being around better looking and better done cosplays of the same character.

Other than that I did a muppet version of myself once, that one was fun, lol

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've never done it myself but I think it would be quite cool to try it at least once. It seems like a lot of fun, but also a lot of work to create an authentic looking costume. Time to put my grade eight sewing skills into action. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom