• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cosplay

Have you ever cosplayed?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No but I do want to.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dan

Well we all knew this thread was coming. Have any of you forum dwellers ever cosplayed, and if so what was it like? I've never cosplayed myself as personally I cannot craft costumes and my friend told me that only scrubs don't create their own costume.

Personally I wouldn't want to cosplay as I find it difficult dressing up. Furthermore when I was very young I was forced to wear a pirate costume and ended up crying because I thought everyone would make fun of me.

So i'm bi-curious if anyone else has and what they get out of it.

Sexy pictures are welcome.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dressed as the wicked witch of the west when I was a young boy. Captain hook also. Nothing recent though.

Cosplay is something I'd like to do at some stage. I have a friend who does it and he wants to do Zelda cosplay and also Resident evil so I'd go as someone from those series. He can help me craft the costumes because he is experienced in such matters.

Dan

I dressed as the wicked witch of the west when I was a young boy. Captain hook also. Nothing recent though.

Cosplay is something I'd like to do at some stage. I have a friend who does it and he wants to do Zelda cosplay and also Resident evil so I'd go as someone from those series. He can help me craft the costumes because he is experienced in such matters.

Yeah I think that's who I was "cosplaying" as. I think I was around the age of five. I felt really silly being dressed up and didn't want to, but it was for our schools fancy dress. I would hate to cosplay at anime conventions where it's extremely hot and full of half naked that usually aren't in the best shape.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Yeah I think that's who I was "cosplaying" as. I think I was around the age of five. I felt really silly being dressed up and didn't want to, but it was for our schools fancy dress. I would hate to cosplay at anime conventions where it's extremely hot and full of half naked that usually aren't in the best shape.
You get a mix of people there usually and there are often really good cosplayers as well.

Dan

You get a mix of people there usually and there are often really good cosplayers as well.

Oh yeah don't get me wrong. I've seen some very sexy cosplayers in pictures(I was bi-curious what anime conventions look like, nothing else) at conventions wow wow wee wa. Friends have told me though that many conventions absolutely stink though, which would repel me from going.

Pen

The game is on!
I've been acting in theater for 11 years of my life, so I guess cosplaying goes without saying there. Through the years I've been a butler, a troll, Jesus, Dopey, a dead guy who was shot in the head, Joseph Goebbels, an evil caterpillar king, a Nicaraguan soldier, a whale, and a gender bent Fairy Godmother amongst others.

I've always really enjoyed dressing up and I'd love to cosplay more in the future!

Also, last Halloween I cosplayed as Cyclops from X-Men! ^^

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never cosplay but I watch cosplayers and think it's really cool. there are really intricate details on how to make platemails and so on, it's really cool.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When I was in Japan I purchased a cosplay of Mikaela Hyakuya and my friends offered to buy the wig if I wore it out for the rest of the day. At least I saved myself $25.

246718_10204315408805093_6020254266505672410_n_zps1isqtbum.jpg

12803093_10204315390884645_6941952878144152758_n_zpsrocelaie.jpg

Didn't have contacts or the correct boots at the time but close enough for a spontaneous thing.

G

Guest-3

Ooohhh! I love cosplay! Most of the time I crossplay though. :/ Though I did once cosplay as Ellie from The Last of Us. My favorite cosplay though was my BB (Beyond Birthday) cosplay.

G

Guest-3

Have you ever done an AOT one?
No, but I really want to. I want to a do a cosplay of Armin. I just have to get around to sewing the costume. Have all the materiel and stuff, but absolutely no time. ._. It sucks, man.

Reactions: Dio

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I haven't cosplayed really (Halloween doesn't count), but I have promised to do some cosplays. I've agreed to go as Nightwing in a Robins Group Cosplay, and plan on eventually making two Red Hood coslpays (both Joker and Jason Todd versions). Other stuff will probably happen eventually too, but I have never gone to a con, so I haven't gotten around to it.

G

Guest-3

Oh I almost forgot to mention I also cosplayed as Spock once! And one time I was Shy Guy from Super Mario. ^^

I'll include a few pictures for your viewing pleasure ;)

Cyclops:
12193383_10153477561128855_2286878177544136276_n.jpg

Fairy Godmother:
10345979_10202207633500403_1310231828370719447_n.jpg

Spock:
1375964_460228244090185_322196159_n.jpg

Dr. Goebbels:
547911_3280336975392_2123591690_n.jpg
I NOMINATE PENDIO FOR BEST LOOKING FAIRY GODMOTHER AWARD. And that FACEEEE. #Fabulous

I plan to cosplay when I'm old enough to and have some money. I'd even just like to cosplay or where costume accessories in private. I really like dressing up

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom