• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Console Gamer VS PC Gamer

I don't play games on a PC (well, not games that are made for the PC anyway), but that's mostly just because I don't have a PC that can actually run most PC games. I also have a sucky graphics card and no money. So, I don't have anything against PC gaming but I only ever play on consoles.

EDIT: I do have ONE thing against PC gaming, and that's modding. I hate modding.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I do both. Mainly I save my PC gaming for anything involving Steam, particularly Valve games. But over all I prefer to play console games. I grew up playing console games (heh...I'm still growing up playing them) and I like controllers better. Not all PC controllers work with all PC's so that's why I tend to stay away from them.

I play games on both a PC and consoles, and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Overall I'd say I prefer console gaming slightly only because of the simplicity. Just throwing a game in the disc tray and picking up a controller is really nice. PC's can be such a huge pain in the butt with a myriad of potential software issues.

R

Rethromil

I play both pc and console games and for me it depends on the game i do like a controller for some games but i like a mouse for others

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
I really like pc better than console games since almost every game you can get in consoles (xbox 360, PS3) you can also play on pc, which is more convenient, just a few exceptions like God of war or Halo, those are the only reasons that i would have consoles.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I'm a console gamer myself. I just don't have the same feeling playing on a PC like I do on a console. Perhaps, it's because I don't have to be a few inches from my screen to play. I like being able to be a few feet away to watch the screen. Plus, I don't like using the keyboard or plugging in another controller of sort for the PC when I can just use a regular controller on the console.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I think Console Gaming is the best way to go, considering that PC games take up too much space on your computer, which can cause it to bog down. xP
Also, its so hard to get a good controller for PC. (in my opinion anyway)
I really don't like keyboard controls, because after a while of playing, my arms start to hurt, because they're in this upright position.... xP

But yes, I like my data space on computer to be mainly for music, images, and text documents.

I usually only get PC games if they don't take up too much space, and/or that's the only why to get the game.
(or if it's the only way to get certain features- depending on how much I WANT the features)

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
EDIT: I do have ONE thing against PC gaming, and that's modding. I hate modding.

I personally think that modding is the best thing about pc gaming it can make the game so much better. I have to respect the modding scene for what they did with Fallout New Vegas on pc which is make it playable.

Dan

The first two are a serious problem for me. Even the less expensive custom PC is still too expensive for my budget. And the rampant DRM makes it difficult to even play PC games. You either have to keep the disk in (which wears out the disk and adds to more heating issues), or if it's a digital download you often have to maintain a constant internet connection, even if the game has zero online interactivity. Just as you have said here.
DRM is getting to the area of being ridiculously paranoid and is only making pirating problems worse.
The other two cons here I don't have as much issue with. At least compared to the first two.

With the cost and DRM, I've really fallen out of touch with PC gaming. It's just... too much hassle to just have fun. Ruins the point of gaming.

Yes DRM is such a pain and ridiculous in that it doesn't stop piracy but rather playability for the people that buy and play the game legitimately.
Where's the pirates can play using an emulated server and don't have to worry about being connected. Developers just don't care they just want there games to make a ton of money and if said game doesn't reach the goal they were expecting then they just blame pirates.

Seeing as the type of games that I like aren't available on PC, I'm a console gamer. And I really dislike mouse and keyboard controls.

M

Madi

I definitely prefer console games because I think that they run more smoothly than computer games. I don't have anything against computer games. I've played one or two, but the controls just don't feel right to me. :/

Consoles, for some reason computers hate me. My computers tend to work pretty well until I try to play a game on them, then they always crash and never work the same again.

Everything looks better on PC, and you can play pretty much everything on it. You can use a controller on PC too. I do like Nintendo stuff though, so I'll always be a little bit of a console guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom